Looking at 1972 convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Hey eveyone. I am going to try and go look at a 72 vert for sale near me today. The guy says it has a 351 in it. What should the vin # read so i know if this is an original 351 car? The car is in really bad shape so i am going to buy it for the motor and tranny pretty much. I asked the guy if it was the original motor and he dont seem to know much about the car. He just knows that his wife said it has to go. Good news for me :D Well thanks and i will try and post some pics up later today if all goes well.

Kevin

If you look in the corner of the head, on top, you will see the number 2 or number 4. This tells you if it is the 4v head or 4v head. An unmolested 4v head should have a 4 bolt main.

Just bought it but no pics Damn phone wouldn't work right. Body is gone but it does have 351 with 2 barrel. Auto tranny and 9 inch rear. Would that be a c6? It has long center console and disc brakes. I'm pretty pumped up. Probably not picking it up till wed next week. Looks like all the top parts are there too. If anybody is looking for parts let me know. The car actually rotted in half just behind the doors and is sitting on ground. Pretty rough but lots of parts. Can't wait to get it home. Kevin

There are some special bolts for the top that it pivots on, I could use them if it still has it.

This is the 'main bend' of the top, pretty close to where the windows touch each other.

Back