2-barrell 2100 carburetor spacer?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IstoT

Reaction score
Howdy,

I need to replace gasket (I have now my own made without that metal plate which is in original gasket) and there is no spacer between carburetor and intake. Is there any idea to get spacer between this original carburetor or is this thinking just a waist of time? And if it's good idea..where I can get spacer (haven't found).

Here is picture of my own made gasket (first one in my life).. :D..and why I had to do it...48 years could do some miracle for intake..

Before gasket..

And here is starting point..

-Isto

Last edited by a moderator:
The space I can find on Ebay, I have seen them befor. If I remember correctly, not all engines came with the spacers and are not needed. Is there a reason u made your own gasket?

Only reason was that I had booked time for fluid changes to my car...fluid change was last week Wednesday...I was not sure did I get real gasket enough soon to that so I made own gasket. I got that gasket on Tuesday but was done this carburetor attachment on monday..because I was not sure do I get it to work (carburetor was leaking and that why I started whole process).

I will add real gasket at my holiday...now I have some driving which I want to do. I also planned to buy carburetor rebuild kit. So when I made gasket switch I will service carburetor too.

I will forget this spacer and think all over again if I will change intake and carburetor to better one.

Howdy,

I need to replace gasket (I have now my own made without that metal plate which is in original gasket) and there is no spacer between carburetor and intake. Is there any idea to get spacer between this original carburetor or is this thinking just a waist of time? And if it's good idea..where I can get spacer (haven't found).

Here is picture of my own made gasket (first one in my life).. :D..and why I had to do it...48 years could do some miracle for intake..

Before gasket..

And here is starting point..

-Isto
You did not say what engine or year you have, or if you just want a spacer or a stock EGR plate. There are different versions of the EGR plate depending on what you have. For example a 73 302 uses the D3OZ EGR plate below. A 351C 2v can use the D7PZ EGR plate below. There are many others out there as well that might work. It is important that you make sure the underside of the plate mates up with your intake's surface channels otherwise you will have a vacuum leak. The surface on my 1973 302 and 351C 2v Intakes look different than yours.

If you are just looking for a generic spacer with no EGR, then eBay or most online auto parts store will have them.

1973 302 2v Intake manaifold

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry..need add my car specs to signature...was looking normal spacer..car is 351 Cleveland.

My intake is in bad shape (could have some leak). I have intake from 1973..but ti looks little bigger job than I thought so I will enjpy car this summer and buy parts at winter and fix intake next spring.

Back