Getting around to the 71

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galucha

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Coupe 302
Finally pulled the trigger on starting the work on the mustang this spring. Had a few burnt exhaust valves and the cylinder walls were starting to groove, so I determined that the best place to start was the engine.

Had the block bored 0.030 over and the original crank polished/balanced with Eagle rods and DSS forged flat tops. Heads I went with were Edelbrock 60cc E-streets, so I estimate somewhere around 9.5:1 compression. Went with a mild Summit cam with .274/.274 duration @.485/.485 lift.

Given that its a 302 car and already had a lot of aftermarket parts, I decided against going for an original restoration, but I want to keep it looking somewhat period-correct on the exterior.

I do however still have the original heads. The casting numbers are D0OE-B - free to a good home if anyone wants them. I'm located in East TN.

Next is the suspension. I'm looking at TCP's coilover system. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Beauty! Brings back lots of memories...

Back