Return to the Mustang

noelhastings

Regretting the sale of my 1968 GT years ago I finally stumbled onto a 1973 Mach 1 in great shape. Bought it last week, long road of resto ahead.... 

34-EDD24-E-6-B2-F-4-A99-8-B73-D8-B4-BF6674-DA.jpg

Welcome from Iowa. Nice looking Mach.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from Oregon. From the one picture it looks like you have a good car to start with. That's a hint, we like a lot of pictures.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

[Regretting the sale of my 1968 GT years ago, finally stumbled onto a 1973 Mach 1]

See the bright side: you actually made an upgrade!

And by the look of it, you've found an excellent base to work on.

Make sure to post on here your progress!

Welcome from the northern Netherlands

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina.

Does look like a good bone to start with. I see one thing PO changed. The rear valance and straight out exhaust went away after 1972. The chrome exhaust tips also were gone.

The 73 exhaust had turn downs and no eye brows in the valance. Don't know if you are going to go original or not.

There are MCA judges that say there were some but was not possible. No code on the Buck Tag for the two variations of valance panel and no check boxes on the build sheet for different exhaust options. H code got single exhaust and Q dual with turn downs.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David