• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Upholstery - Seat Back

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Just though I would check before I purchase new covers for the front seats.  

I'm looking for what I think is a Distinctive Industries  Black/Black Mach 1 seat back cover (just one back cover).  Is there is anyway to tell Distinctive vs TMI vs OEM?  I have a rip in one and have gotten a few estimates to repair that are almost the cost of new ones.  Also looking for the Mach 1 seat buttons as well. 

I'm assuming these were recovered years ago since they did not have the seat button.  The passenger and driver seat bottom are still in good shape.   These were installed over the original foam as well and wondering if it is worth replacing everything. 

Thanks

Chris

You did not state if you had the Mach 1 Sports Interior option or not. Standard Mach 1 was just the low end vinyl seat. The Mach 1 sports interior option had the comfort weave inserts except in 73 when the factory that made the CW got shut down they made a few with just vinyl inserts in June and July 73.

I do not think anyone makes a repo seat cover with CW just an embossed material.

I did find just OE used covers on ebay once and got nice original Ginger for I think $64.00 for vert in CW.

Picture of 73 Mach 1 sports interior in Ginger with CW.

Back