Father of the Mustang gone

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[Mr. Iacocca was beseeched to run in 1988 to succeed Reagan, but his eviscerating management style, notoriously thin skin and off-the-cuff, frequently profane remarks increasingly brought doubt about whether he had the temperament for high office.]

Only a well balanced person making no profane remarks fits in high office.... right. Clearly we're not in 88 anymore.

He surely placed his stamp in car industry and history. RIP Mr. Iacocca.

I can certainly appreciate and respect his efforts with the original Mustang, but don't think he was a fan of our years. It was my understanding that it was Bunkie Knudson that wanted more Mustang racing and performance, able to accept a 429 big block without extensive mods and approved the design that became our 1971-1973 Mustangs. I read Iacocca called the Mustang a "fat pig" and in 1974 gave the public the Mustang II, without a V8 option.

Last edited by a moderator:
look up drop in gas tank memo "let em burn!" OR when warned by engineers pinto diff bolts needed a small brace to prevent gas tank mishaps, said "not a penny over sticker price"

Back