Custom 71 coupe for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, very nice but $43,000 is a little steep.

43 K  and they can't spend  4 dollars on four rubber door bumpers

They painted the door strikers THEN adjusted the passenger door

43k and they painted the hood wrong, come on. Theses guys are really dreaming.
It's not 'wrong', it's CUSTOM and it's those 'custom' touches that makes it worth $43K.
+1.  It's a custom pro touring setup.  Fuel injected 347 stoker with a built aod transmission all polished with ac.  If it was a 69 or 70 with the same specs and custom paint they would want 100k for it. For what it is its not too far off.  I was thinking more around 38k or so.

Even if there are here and there details to be noticed that could be done otherwise, I'm kinda glad to start see restored/clean 7173 in these price classes.

I mean, how can you let restore/mod a car by a shop for the average 20-25k we see our cars these days?

Wow - pretty car.

I'm struggling with the idea that it's worth $43K, though.  Using the logic of, "it's a restomod, custom pro-touring set-up with a bunch of nice goodies," mine should now be worth somewhere in the $50K+ range then.  

Why would I say something like that?  Well, the underside of mine is a LOT nicer, it's an actual Mach 1 with Ram Air rather than a hardtop, and there's a trade-off between various things found on both cars.  For instance, we both have the same retrosound stereo w/sub (his is a single Kicker, mine has dual MTXs), both have AODs and warmed up engines (mine's a numbers-matching bored/balanced/blueprinted 351C, whereas his is a stroked 302 - both have aftermarket throttle-body fuel injection).  Both cars have Classic Auto Air HVAC.  My interior is repop Deluxe with ACC cut-pile carpet, his is a hodge-podge of repop deluxe and standard (still - nicely done).  He's got 17" aftermarket wheels & tires, where mine are 15".  I also added subframe connectors, traction bars, rear sway bar, electric fuel pump, intermittent wipers, modern 3-point seat belts, trunk carpet, power windows, power locks, louvers and a back-up camera, but he's got spoilers and stripes.

Like I said: it's a solid, pretty car... but if it's indeed worth $43K as it sits (with a hole in the center console where a clock should be and everything), then I am severely undervaluing mine.

On a side note, is that actually a GM 12-bolt under there?  It sure looks like the same rear pumpkin I had in my '78 K5 Blazer.  At the very least, it's a Dana 44.  WTF?!

Looks like a Dana 44 to me.
Yeah - now that I think about it, the 12-bolt's a little more rounded, overall.  In my mind, I smashed up the 12-bolts with the 14-bolt's more angular shape (like a Dana 44).

But still, what's a Dana 44 doing under there?  Seems like a downgrade from a 9-inch, to me (and maybe someone got a little lazy and found a D44 already loaded up with disc brakes, rather than convert the 9-inch).   :whistling:

They claim it's a Dana 60, which would be correct for 10 bolts, 9.75" ring gear, some versions had 35 spline axles. Ford used the semi-floater versions on heavy duty F100s in the 60s.

Makes more sense, now that you mention it - good eye. :thankyouyellow:

I suppose I should maybe read the write-up next time, rather than just look at all the pretty pictures.   :whistling:  :shootself:

However, I'm thinking that even a 347 stoker would have a hard time wrecking a 9-inch... especially, behind an AOD (the AOD being the weak link in the deal, IMHO).   :-/

Dana 60 seems a little bit like overkill - but hey, it's a restomod after all.  ::thumb::

You want a quality build, you pay... other then the rear spoiler and the honk'in exhaust hanging out the back, I like the car. Try and build one from ground up and see how much it costs. $85K? I would have been happy with this bill...

Back