Tried to help someone and got the S%&$$# end of stick.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I had loaned my F-150 to someone that was in need and of course they broke it.

She brought it back and said the back brakes were making a noise and that she forgot to release the parking brake.

We just had a discussion about the parking brake light on our cars. She did not even notice the big red BRAKE light on the dash up high.

She must have drove the darn thing with her foot resting on the brake pedal also. The fronts are just way worn down and were new last year, lots of brake dust on the wheels. The rear pads were gone and eat up the rotor metal to metal and when I pulled the rotor the parking brake shoes just fell off, burnt to a crisp. The rear is disc brake with a drum brake inside the disc for parking. I know it was working that is part of the inspection here you put in gear and it cannot move or you fail brake test.

So on Saturday I had to replace both rear rotors, disc pads and parking brake shoes. The truck only has 297,000 miles on it should not have to replace all that yet, lol.

So I will never loan a vehicle again. Every time I do they either bend something or break something.

Yep there are very few people I would loan my truck to, even fewer with the mustang, perhaps 2.

and man your mustang looks to the exact same color as mine

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was in China my daughter sent email and wanted to borrow the truck to help my son move. I said sure it needs to be driven some while I am gone.

Sure enough after all day of moving she is on way home and goes to sleep runs off road hits trees in median. Left front door, back door, cab corner, rear window and bed are trashed. Moved the rear axle 4" had to cut spring mounts off and replace. Truck did not have a scratch on it before that. After that I just replace with junk yard parts and just drive it.

She and granddaughter were ok but truck was not.

The only other time I loaned it came back with bent rear bumper. :mad:

I loaned my 73 mach 1 and he scratched front fender on mail box. So that has never matched.

Back