Mach 1 Seat Upholstery

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hi All,

Received new seat covers from Distinctive Industries and wanted to confirm if the small corner sections on the seat back outside bottom corners should be sewn on the new covers.  The picture below is from the existing seat upholstery.  I contacted Distinctive and they are going to research, but figured someone on here must have an original and can confirm.  My concern is that the side is going to start working up and the seat frame will start to show.   Plus it just doesn't look finished but maybe that's how they came from the factory.    I don't think the covers I'm replacing were original.

Thanks

Chris

image upload

The cover in the pic does not look like original. It looks like the printed comfort weave not like original. This is original sports interior in ginger.

Thanks..I was pretty sure that they were not original.   What I'm trying to figure out is if the small triangular piece in the picture was on original upholstery.  Do you have a picture of the bottom of the backrest?

I noticed that my Distinctive Industries, Mach One Upholstery upper seat covers do not even have the vinyl extension. There is nice hole there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back