EFI fuel tank

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
So I've been looking everywhere and am I correct to conclude that if I'm doing an in-tank pump for my 73 that I'm going to have to cut it in? It doesn't look like anyone makes and EFI one already cut for the 71-73's. Guessing there isn't another year tank that would work either? Thanks

Doesn’t Holley make one?

I know they make them for the earlier cars.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this must be new. I do not remember seeing this kit when I was looking. I would like to find the float plate that is included. One can adjust float level.

It has been out for a while, but you have to search for it as it is not really listed on the Aeromotive website.  If you know the part number, which I found on summit while looking for the general stealth pump kit, it if out there.

another 71-73 snub I guess.

This is good stuff guys. I'll have to check with Holley to see if the Aeromotive one would work with their system. I'm pretty sure the specs are close to the Walbro pump they offer in some of their kits? I noticed though in the application section it shows only for the 71-72 mustang 351C boss. Is the tank the same for the 73?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, '73 is the same. No Boss in '72, either. Either they don't have a clue about our years of Mustang or it has something to do with emissions, such as meeting CARB (California Air Resource Board) requirements.

This is good stuff guys. I'll have to check with Holley to see if the Aeromotive one would work with their system. I'm pretty sure the specs are close to the Walbro pump they offer in some of their kits? I noticed though in the application section it shows only for the 71-72 mustang 351C boss. Is the tank the same for the 73?
It will.  It was the one I mentioned to them as they don’t have a holler tank for the 71-73.

i was ok with the 340 for a super sniper with the big throttle body when I asked which system they recommended for me with my 351c and a 174 cid under hood blower.

Yes, '73 is the same. No Boss in '72, either. Either they don't have a clue about our years of Mustang or it has something to do with emissions, such as meeting CARB (California Air Resource Board) requirements.
Possibly an extra tank fitting for more emissions?

It will.  It was the one I mentioned to them as they don’t have a holler tank for the 71-73.

i was ok with the 340 for a super sniper with the big throttle body when I asked which system they recommended for me with my 351c and a 174 cid under hood blower.

Okay, back up!!!

I need to see pics of this cleveland with said blower!!!

Okay, back up!!!

I need to see pics of this cleveland with said blower!!!

Incomplete....but here are the pix.

Thanks for this info. Very excited to get this as a kit. I'll just be using the regular Sniper for my 408C so that pump should be plenty.
If you use the 340 pump make sure your return lines are big enough.  If not you will have to much back pressure that might lead to pump issues.

Thanks for this info. Very excited to get this as a kit. I'll just be using the regular Sniper for my 408C so that pump should be plenty.
If you use the 340 pump make sure your return lines are big enough.  If not you will have to much back pressure that might lead to pump issues.
With my 408 being a mid one with around 550FWHP should I go with the 200LHP pump? I just wouldn't ever want to fall short of fuel. I figure the regulator could adjust for whats needed? Thoughts?

With my 408 being a mid one with around 550FWHP should I go with the 200LHP pump? I just wouldn't ever want to fall short of fuel. I figure the regulator could adjust for whats needed? Thoughts?

I would go with the 340.  Just make sure the return lines are the same size or one step down AN and make sure you don’t have any kinks in the line.  Holley said I was right on the line for a smaller pump at 500hp.  Well over once they factored in forced induction.

I think the main deal is you may need the super sniper’s extra injectors.  I would consult Holley on that.

Back