How rare

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sprint coupe
How rare is rear defroster?
d35a6223c1a1dda75307320405cbb598.jpg
874bbf4baa80d3f19801f6a55778ddd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both my cars were tagged as exports, and both have the defrost option.

Over here, I've seen many coupes with the option, practically none on fastbacks.

So I don't know if it's really a rare as option, but what is truly rare, is having the knob on the defrost that is not broken.

I've never seen one not broken in real and both my cars are no exceptions.

Planning to buy convertible switches to be able to finally have the knobs.

As a side note, I was lucky enough to score years ago a spare rear window with the grid for the coupe.

When I was driving the 73 daily, I must say it was handy and used it almost every morning during winter. I use also the grid as antenna and get much better radio reception.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rear window defogger was standard on T-5 Exports. One of the European members posted the showroom brochure once and it stated that.

The 72 mach 1 T-5 sitting in the back yard has RWD. I have several of the switches in the box. When I broke mine early on when new I figured I better stock up, lol. You would catch your pants leg on the knob and snap it off. 

I have complete set up for fastback if anyone interested. I do not have the plastic cover that goes over the connection to the window.

The rear window defogger was standard on T-5 Exports. One of the European members posted the showroom brochure once and it stated that.

The 72 mach 1 T-5 sitting in the back yard has RWD. I have several of the switches in the box. When I broke mine early on when new I figured I better stock up, lol. You would catch your pants leg on the knob and snap it off. 

I have complete set up for fastback if anyone interested. I do not have the plastic cover that goes over the connection to the window.
How much

How much
PM sent with pics.

When I bought my new 71 hardtop here in Calgary, Canada, this was a "new fancy" option. Mine did not have it. The common solution was a fan put under the rear window shelf, that blew air on the window. My mothers 72 had a true defrost option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back