Mechanic in San Diego

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Fastback - 351C-4V, Fitech EFI, T56 Magnum 6 Speed
Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place for this, but thought I'd give it a shot. 

I'm looking for a mechanic in San Diego to help out with my 72' Fastback project. We purchased the car about a year ago basically out of a field and have been getting it going with my son over that time. I work a lot and it I seldom have more than an hour here or there to work on it. 

It was an auto car and came with no trans installed and a new T56 magnum in a box in the back seat. We've managed to get the trans installed and the car drives, but are constantly struggling with the hydraulic clutch. We had a local shop around the corner help with the clutch pedal / hydraulic conversion and while great guys, this really wasn't up their alley and things have never been right. 

I am hoping to find someone local that can help with this stuff and who would be affordable. I checked some of the local speed shops and they are just way out of my price range. I am on a very tight budget as I've already spent basically everything I can while staying married. 

So anyway, if anyone know's someone solid here in San Diego that can help with these clutch issues and much more ... and is affordable I'd appreciate the referral.  

Thanks!

Hey Mike, Thanks for that. That's a little out of the way, but might be worth the drive / tow. The local guys I was using nearby are also a muffler shop that works on other things. I'll look them up. Thanks!

Down near Mission Valley
my friend uses this guy . i had some work done hear and seem fare  

Henry's radiator and auto repair  3035 el cajon blvd  619-283-7423

Last edited by a moderator:
Down near Mission Valley
my friend  uses this guy . i had some work done hear and seem fare  

Henry's radiator and auto repair  3035 el cajon blvd  619-283-7423
Thanks, I'll look him up!

And yes we get amazing weather here normally. This summer has been exceptional though. The mildest summer I can ever recall that followed an actual winter (for San Diego) where it rained and stuff.

Back