heading to new home

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you love the 80 - 99% humidity at the beach. I guess I got burnt out as a kid. We could rent a house one block from the beach for $125 for a week so we went there often. Dad had big coffee pot at work that he sold coffee for $.05 a cup that always paid for our vacation. 

My friend that just sold her house there kept offering it to me for free but I just do not like the beach especially with how dirty the water is now. Once as a kid something wrapped around my legs and when I got to shallow water it was a mass of rusty fish hooks and lines that had broke loose from the pier. 

I visit Africa some and that is a clean ocean. Crystal clear and shell fish and star fish everywhere. Cuba was also. 

We will have to meet up sometime. The big Mustang show there would be fun will have track days, dyno contests and burn out contests. They love to write tickets for reeving up the engine or spinning the tires in MB.

My niece lives just outside MB near Conway. When a storm comes do not put off packing up and getting anything you can to higher ground. I have seen the water over 7' deep over the main road over the lake in Conway. Most of the area was flooded.

Everyone complains about how we are melting the ice caps and filling the ocean. The seem to forget that the beach front use to run through Columbia, S.C. many years ago. I guess all the Flitstone cars caused that.

Hope you love the 80 - 99% humidity at the beach. I guess I got burnt out as a kid. We could rent a house one block from the beach for $125 for a week so we went there often. Dad had big coffee pot at work that he sold coffee for $.05 a cup that always paid for our vacation. 

My friend that just sold her house there kept offering it to me for free but I just do not like the beach especially with how dirty the water is now. Once as a kid something wrapped around my legs and when I got to shallow water it was a mass of rusty fish hooks and lines that had broke loose from the pier. 

I visit Africa some and that is a clean ocean. Crystal clear and shell fish and star fish everywhere. Cuba was also. 

We will have to meet up sometime. The big Mustang show there would be fun will have track days, dyno contests and burn out contests. They love to write tickets for reeving up the engine or spinning the tires in MB.

My niece lives just outside MB near Conway. When a storm comes do not put off packing up and getting anything you can to higher ground. I have seen the water over 7' deep over the main road over the lake in Conway. Most of the area was flooded.

Everyone complains about how we are melting the ice caps and filling the ocean. The seem to forget that the beach front use to run through Columbia, S.C. many years ago. I guess all the Flitstone cars caused that.

"The seem to forget that the beach front use to run through Columbia, S.C. many years ago."

Please share when this was. I would find that a very interesting read. 

"The seem to forget that the beach front use to run through Columbia, S.C. many years ago."

Please share when this was. I would find that a very interesting read. 

All of the sand we get here in N.C. comes from Columbia, SC. It is white clean sand and was deposited there when the ocean was there. 

We have a limestone quarry here that use to be a sea bottom in Fletcher, NC. 

Appalachian mountains are some of the oldest in the world.

I lived in Orangeburg, SC for 5 years you cannot find a rock or stone anywhere because it is all sea bottom. That is just south of Columbia, S.C. on I-26.

When they drill a water well there they do not have to use a drill. You take sections of ridged pipe and put a garden hose on the end and start pumping water through it. You hold it to the ground and the water drills the hole. Once you get to the water table, very high up, you keep blowing water in and forcing the sand out to produce a storage area for the water. 

Farming in the area never requires the soil to be turned with a plow it is all black sand. They only disc it. Can do winter wheat and a summer crop so two plantings each year. 

I laugh at them blaming the sea rising on only rising temps melting ice. How many hundred feet of water has been pumped out of the aquifers in the west to supply Calif. How many million cubic acres of soil go down the Mississippi each day into the ocean. Think of all the other rivers that way worse than the Mississippi. There are volcanoes all around the world under water that are continually erupting and filling the ocean. Our water table has dropped here that our well went dry back in the 80's and we had to hook up to city supply. Doing this all around the world removes the water from underground and puts it into the ocean. If we shut off every heat source that is man made the ocean would still rise.

When Greenland was discovered it got it's name because it was green. The ice came after it was discovered. 

Quit worrying about it. Some horrible disaster or disease with wipe out most of the earth's population and there will be no worries about beach front property being flooded. It is going to move no matter what man does. That was probably caused by too many people moving around, lol.

All it takes is for the earth's poles to switch again and instantly the equator could be the new ice cap. It has happened in the past and can in the future.

There is a cement company in Orangeburg, I think Little Giant. They have a quarry and they dig up mammoth tusks and teeth all the time. They grind it up for cement. They do keep some of the more complete ones. These are fossils not like the ones that are ivory they find frozen in Russia that are so valuable. They use to have a week every year that they let the public go in and dig for fossils. The earth has been flooded many times and nothing any loud mouthed politician can do or say will ever change that. 

When they are doing this sharks teeth come out and all kinds of shells. 

Do a google search for Columbia sand and see what comes up.

Sorry for the post hijack.

Back