Fuel Line

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
Earlier this week I was inspecting the underside of the car (easy now that I got my lift installed). I was shocked by what I what I found. The fuel line was crushed almost flat near the front of driver side door. I cut out that section and made a temp repair until the new SS lines arrive. Check out how flat that was and it was obviously like this for quite some time and the car ran good, although there is a noticeable difference in the higher RPM range now that it is repaired.  

Earlier this week I was inspecting the underside of the car (easy now that I got my lift installed). I was shocked by what I what I found. The fuel line was crushed almost flat near the front of driver side door. I cut out that section and made a temp repair until the new SS lines arrive. Check out how flat that was and it was obviously like this for quite some time and the car ran good, although there is a noticeable difference in the higher RPM range now that it is repaired.  

Probably full of rust too! Mine was. Don't forget to replace all the rubber lines with ethanol resistant Fuel Injector hose WITH proper fuel line

clamps!! You know I hate gear clamps!

For sure. Not a fan of the gear clamps either. Surprisingly it wasn't bad inside the line at all. I already have a roll of the rubber fuel injection hose and proper clamps. I was going to bend my own since I have the original to use as a template but decided to go with the pre-bent SS ones from NPD. Has anyone used these? How was the fit? I assume as with anything there will be some minor tweaking needed here and there.

Can we say a floor jack could have caused the crimp? I got the stainless fuel line for my 73 Coupe and it fit ok. I had to tweak it just a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
For sure. Not a fan of the gear clamps either. Surprisingly it wasn't bad inside the line at all. I already have a roll of the rubber fuel injection hose and proper clamps. I was going to bend my own since I have the original to use as a template but decided to go with the pre-bent SS ones from NPD. Has anyone used these? How was the fit? I assume as with anything there will be some minor tweaking needed here and there.
 Jason, yes I bought mine from NPD. it fit quite well generally, but I did need to tweak and twist the tank end somewhat to get the direction of the tube to line up with the sender outlet. This could have been due to the way the lines are shipped and it may have got caught and twisted somehow during shipping, so I'm not completely blaming the part. Don't forget to buy new grommets as well for where it goes through the fender apron and shock tower (double hole one).

I added a small piece of tube at the frame rail to eliminate any vibration and also had to add a second clip to hold it. I found one of those SS with a rubber liner at the hardware store, worked well. That second clip is not seen it this pic, was added later. Here's a pic of the line at tank.

Back