Quarter window molding tape

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfayette

Reaction score
My Car
1969 Convertible
1973 Mach 1
Looking to find a source for the rubber window glass tape to replace the stainless molding on the front of the quarter window glass.  Ford part ESB-M3044-A.

Also, is there a tutorial on installing the drip rail and window seal trim pieces?  Ford body manual doesn't have a good description and doesn't mention where to use the foam seal.  Is there foam seal between the drip rail and the body?  And what about between the drip rail and the window seal trim?

Thanks

I just replaced mine and didn't use any tape on the glass - the mould and the chrome strip hold it in place very tightly ( had to use a rubber mallet to seat it all the way home).

Don't use the foam seal unless you want it to leak, There are plenty of threads here about the drip rail install and sealing if you do a search. Some people use a butyl type of tape (can't remember the name) and some have use sikaflex sealant. Sikaflex do a specific sealant for automotive glass - forget the number but that is what I used and it has worked fine.

Shane

Back