Mustang Newb from Detroit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtBBQ

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1 M Code
Well I finally took the plunge and picked up a 1971 Mach 1. Couldn’t be happier. 

Yes I’m from the home of Ford motor Co. 

I look forward to interacting with the experts and gleaning some knowledge from the site. And yes I love to BBQ !

Hello and Welcome from another Michigander! This is a great site and the place to be for our cars. I live in Washington, which is just south of Romeo. If you want to meet up some time that would be cool. The dream cruise is just around the corner and the day after that is the all Ford show in Dearborn. Myself and a few other members plan on meeting up that Sunday. If you need any info just let me know.

And if you have any questions about your new, nice looking ride, your at the right place. Hope you have good luck with it, and again welcome to the site!

I like a good bbq too, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome from SW Ontario.

Yes, jpaz (John) myself and another John, John J, are definitely planning on being at the All Ford show at Ford World HQ on August 18th. I believe Mach 1's are the feature car this year, but don't quote me!!

If you're interested in meeting a few members, we'll have to come up with a plan...….. something like a secret handshake!! Just kidding, but we'll think of something.

Geoff.

aka Stanglover

Welcome to the herd from North Carolina home of the MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum in Concord, N.C..

I am trying to decide if I want to drive up for the show or not gas and hotel is a lot for just a couple days. 

BBQ, One of my inventions is a grill that you cannot catch your meal on fire. It can direct grill, smoke or use a rotisserie. We did 80 lbs. of pork at one time on one. It was called the Fireside Grill. Company I worked for applied for the patent I do not know if it was given or not. We built 12 grills in a prototype run and gave one to a BBQ master in Charleston. He loved it. Also Clemson University did temperature testing and it was very consistent on even temp just a couple degrees difference any place inside the grill.

Sadly the company decided that there was not a market for it and never tooled it up for production. I have one of the prototypes sitting in my front yard. Going to smoke some ribs next week. Neighbors love it when I do them because they get free BBQ.

It is unique in that the fire is vertical to the cooking area. It can be moved under the grill surface but I never do. You have a firebox on each side with three chambers. You can add charcoal or wood without opening the grill hood so you do not loose the heat. Each side fire box has a door you can open and feed the grill. It has an upper and lower grill so you can put veges under the meat and let the juices drop on the veges. Pans of water can sit on the lower shelf to keep meat moist also. Have done whole turkeys on the rotisserie and you can use a basket on the rotisserie and do other meats. You will never catch your meal on fire with it. I did a deer shoulder last December.

I did keep a copy of the blue prints and CAD files if anyone wants to build their own. Everything can be made with a press brake or box bender. You would have to fab up the two tubes for the ends and wheel mounts. It was purposely made too wide to go through a standard 3' door to prevent stupid people from bringing inside and killing themselves. 

Here is a power point slide showing it.

Fireside Grill.ppt

Attachments

• Fireside Grill.ppt
    439.5 KB · Views: 5
I think we all love BBQ, but for sure we all love 71/73 Mustangs :)

Welcome from South of France.

Back