Boss Intake coating

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can find someone that has steel shot and blast with lower pressure it will give it more of a brighter finish that glass beads or sand does. When they make them new they usually get a wheel abrade. That is a machine that throws steel shot against the parts. Then they machine them and difficult to get the same NOS look. 

I have no good suggestions on coating.

If you can find someone that has steel shot and blast with lower pressure it will give it more of a brighter finish that glass beads or sand does. When they make them new they usually get a wheel abrade. That is a machine that throws steel shot against the parts. Then they machine them and difficult to get the same NOS look. 

I have no good suggestions on coating.
Agree with the Steelabrator shot blast look. I did the D1ZX-DA intake I have and it still looks pretty good after over twenty years. The shot blasting closes the pores on the aluminum and helps it resist corrosion.

Guys,

I have an air gap intake on my model a, I had it blasted and powder coated with mostly clear with a touch of gray and it looks like it was just blasted and stays that way.

Thanks, Jay

Back