Hi All

Aus73Mach1

My first Mustang project. Car is a 73 Q code Mach 1. 351 4V Cleveland engine, C6 Auto. Purchased a few months ago mostly dissasembled but everything there. Matching numbers and has all the original options. Marti Report was included. It has been converted to RHD.

So far it has been fully stripped, sand blasted, all rusty panels removed and epoxy coated. I have rebuilt the engine, rebored, crankshaft ground, heads decked, stage 1 cam, new pistons, lifters, etc. Also have rebuilt the differential, new brakes, suspension, etc.

C6 auto was also rebuilt.

I will post some pictures of progress to date. Marti report, etc. This site has been very helpful during the project so far. I probably wil have a few questions to help identify the location of some body parts. Car basically came with all the bits and pieces, screws and bolts, etc in boxes and tins, nothing identified. Every screw and bolt was removed prior to sand blasting.

Regards

David

Car as purchased.

Mustang.jpg

M2.jpg

Welcome from Texas Mate! Looks and sounds like you have things well in hand. She'll be a looker when you're done!

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

Welcome from Iowa. Looking forward to the progress.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from Oregon. Sounds like you're off to a good start to having a nice car.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Welcome from Virginia! Sounds like you are doing a great job.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Ain't it great to live in a dry air country? if I'd do this, car would start turn brown by the end of the day.

Looks like there are not much surprises underneath the paint either. That's lots of efforts saved.

What kind of media did you use to blast it?

Eager to read/see your progresses, it's gonna be a very nice car when done!

Welcome from the northern Netherlands

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Ain't it great to live in a dry air country? if I'd do this, car would start turn brown by the end of the day.

Looks like there are not much surprises underneath the paint either. That's lots of efforts saved.

What kind of media did you use to blast it?

Eager to read/see your progresses, it's gonna be a very nice car when done!

Welcome from the northern Netherlands

Hi Fabrice,

Car was blasted with sand inside and out and underneath. All the joint sealer was also removed. The flatter body panels were not sand blasted but stripped to bare metal with paint stripper. Blasting these panels can cause problems. When I get the "My Garage" started I'll post pictures, etc.