Hi All

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aus73Mach1

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Sports Roof.
Q code. 351-4V
C6 Auto, 3.25 Rear Axle, AC, Power steering.
My first Mustang project. Car is a 73 Q code Mach 1. 351 4V Cleveland engine, C6 Auto. Purchased a few months ago mostly dissasembled but everything there. Matching numbers and has all the original options. Marti Report was included. It has been converted to RHD.

So far it has been fully stripped, sand blasted, all rusty panels removed and epoxy coated. I have rebuilt the engine, rebored, crankshaft ground, heads decked, stage 1 cam, new pistons, lifters, etc. Also have rebuilt the differential, new brakes, suspension, etc.

C6 auto was also rebuilt.

I will post some pictures of progress to date. Marti report, etc. This site has been very helpful during the project so far. I probably wil have a few questions to help identify the location of some body parts. Car basically came with all the bits and pieces, screws and bolts, etc in boxes and tins, nothing identified. Every screw and bolt was removed prior to sand blasting.

Regards

David

Car as purchased.

Welcome from Texas Mate! Looks and sounds like you have things well in hand. She'll be a looker when you're done!

Ain't it great to live in a dry air country? if I'd do this, car would start turn brown by the end of the day.

Looks like there are not much surprises underneath the paint either. That's lots of efforts saved.

What kind of media did you use to blast it?

Eager to read/see your progresses, it's gonna be a very nice car when done!

Welcome from the northern Netherlands

Ain't it great to live in a dry air country? if I'd do this, car would start turn brown by the end of the day.

Looks like there are not much surprises underneath the paint either. That's lots of efforts saved.

What kind of media did you use to blast it?

Eager to read/see your progresses, it's gonna be a very nice car when done!

Welcome from the northern Netherlands
Hi Fabrice,

Car was blasted with sand inside and out and underneath. All the joint sealer was also removed. The flatter body panels were not sand blasted but stripped to bare metal with paint stripper. Blasting these panels can cause problems. When I get the "My Garage" started I'll post pictures, etc.

Back