Dream Cruise

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code
Well, it’s that time of the year already. This Saturday is the Dream Cruise, and I was just wondering who’s going? I will be heading out there Saturday morning and will cruise Woodaward for a while, but then I park for the day at about 10 1/2 and Woodward.

A good friend of mine is in the auto industry and one of his vendors is Atlas Copco. They rent out a building, well actually the parking lot. So anyway they put on a killer party, all the food and drinks you want and it’s all top shelf stuff. They have stuff for the kids to do, 5-6 port-a-potty’s, tents with tables and chairs, all right on the east side of Woodaward Ave. They even have an advertisement banner that fly’s behind a plane, it’s really cool! I usually park my car between the sidewalk and the street and put my chair in front of the car. So I can sit just behind the curb and watch and feel the rumble of all the car going by, it’s an awesome site! 

So I will be keeping an eye out for the 71-73 Mustangs, hope to see whoever goes!

Well, it’s that time of the year already. This Saturday is the Dream Cruise, and I was just wondering who’s going? I will be heading out there Saturday morning and will cruise Woodaward for a while, but then I park for the day at about 10 1/2 and Woodward.

A good friend of mine is in the auto industry and one of his vendors is Atlas Copco. They rent out a building, well actually the parking lot. So anyway they put on a killer party, all the food and drinks you want and it’s all top shelf stuff. They have stuff for the kids to do, 5-6 port-a-potty’s, tents with tables and chairs, all right on the east side of Woodaward Ave. They even have an advertisement banner that fly’s behind a plane, it’s really cool! I usually park my car between the sidewalk and the street and put my chair in front of the car. So I can sit just behind the curb and watch and feel the rumble of all the car going by, it’s an awesome site! 

So I will be keeping an eye out for the 71-73 Mustangs, hope to see whoever goes!
 Have fun, You can tell me about it on Sunday!! 

I had a scare last night. I "lost" my pre-reg credentials, search all over the house, lay awake for a good chunk of the night trying to remember where I put them. Did another search this morning in all the places I thought about during the night, only to find them in the spare room (Cats bedroom!!) this morning when I let the cat out.

Talk about relief!! 

See you Sunday.

Geoff.

I think I saw someone I know!!!

Looked great btw! Hope to see you at the car show on Sunday. I won't be showing this year but I will be there in the morning.

Not me, but I’m pretty sure that’s another member, manyo’s car. He’s got a really nice 71. We actually live less than a mile apart, small world. Here’s mine, with some new rear hoofs, lol. Got a couple new tires for the back. Cool hope to see you Sunday at the show too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they are pretty close. Here’s a pic of them side by side at the Dream Cruise in 2016. Manny’s car is on the right and he has the correct colors for the medium bright yellow and the semi flat black hood. My car on the left is yellow, but of course not factory and it had gloss black with the wrong hood pattern. I now have the same yellow paint, but I have the correct black and hood pattern. It looks so much better now with the flat black than the gloss. Plus it’s way easier on my eyes when driving into the sun.

Just got back home from the Dream Cruise, well cruising Woodaward I guess you could say. The actual day is tomorrow, but it’s been basically going on all week. Sorry no pics, I was driving and just enjoying it. I will be there all day tomorrow, so will take some pics for sure.

There’s a lot of people there already and it’s going to be crazy tomorrow for sure. Glad I get to park instead of driving. Today we went the whole 16 miles from Pontiac all the way down to 9 mile in Ferndale, which is where Mustang Alley is and most of the way back up. They had the new 2020 Mustang there under a cover for the unveiling of it tomorrow. Also saw the mid-engine 2020 Vette.

So any cool and different cars. Only saw two other 71-73 Mustangs though. Both of them blue, one a 71 Mach 1 and the other a 73 vert.

The one thing that I really noticed compared to the last couple years was the police presence. They are just everywhere and I don’t think I have ever seen so many on motorcycles. It’s a good thing and I gotta believe there’s more because of all damn shootings going on. Anyway I sure hope everyone has fun with no problems.

I was on Woodward Wednesday and Friday night . Your not kidding about the police being everywhere. The Oakland county sheriff was there with the armor car that carry's the swat team. The traffic was crazy. A lot of nice old cars and trucks to look at.

John J

Hope to see you at the car show on Sunday. I won't be showing this year but I will be there in the morning.
Hope to see you too Mark. Just hope this damn weather improves. If it's raining hard, I'll bail. Just not worth the hassle and waste expensive gas.

I expect you've been following the post on the Ford show, so you'll know what's been discussed.

Geoff

Soooo, How come I missed you at Mustang Memories, or did I? Talked to so many really interesting people, hard to remember who I did talk to. Maybe I was just 'out and about'. Lots of really nice car there. Loved the Ford GT...….. I want one!!

Not too many 71-73 there at all. I did talk to Joun J and Dewey, but that's about it.

Geoff.

I was thinking today that we should plan a 2021 50th anniversary of the 71-73 body style.

Anyone else interested?
Yes.

I ended up just driving my daily driver to th show based on the threat of rain.  Call me a whimp......

Didn't see your car at the show today.
"They" stuck us out in the open, rows 1 & 2 in the parking lot. All the Fox Bodies and Mach 1's were "feature cars". When it looked more like rain, a lot left, so many moved to the covered areas.

Wait a minute, you took a picture of it!

The MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum will do that every year. 1969 is coming up next month I believe at the MOM. 

Charlotte or Concord, N.C. is somewhere in the middle of the east coast so sort of a middle meeting point. I am sure Steve Hall that runs the place has that in his plan. Doing a 50 for each model as it rolls by. So there will be a 71, 72 & 73 not just a body style. 

They will always celebrate in April the SOP for Mustang also. The 50 Ann's are at a different time. 

They have a monthly Ford show at the museum on the 4th. Saturday also. 

There is a swap meet also coming at the MOM.

Back