Hi.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Alpine white 1971 mach1 Mustang Sportsroof, 351-C, C-6, 9"
Hi.

Had a 72 mach1 in high school. Rusty pile, ruined every inch of it, fixed it (poorly) each time after ruining it, loved it to pieces.

Sold it to 'grow up.' Never did. Regretted it for over 30 years.

Bought a 71. Things have changed, lots of catching up to do. The plethora of parts available now boggles the mind.

Happy to have found this forum. I hope to find some answers, and offer a few when I can.

Hi All,

I've been having hell trying to find a rag joint for my 72 Mach 1.  The steering column was a cobbled up Franken-column that barely turned this lovely Mach 1 while on the road much less static.  Anyway, after replacing the power steering gearbox, the pitman arm and all the tie rods minus the center link still came to the realization that it was the Franken-coupling that was to blame.  I've search high and low for a replacement but need help!  Can anyone point me to who might have one?  Its a tilt column and according to West Coast Cougars, its a half round with a center set screw.  Any ideas??  She's currently in a speed shop getting rewired.....separate ordeal!

Hello from Mississippi.  Glad you found us and decided to stay. Lots of knowledgeable and experienced  members here so never hesitate to ask any  questions, no matter how  foolish they may seem to you.

There are many of us here  who probably wished  they had  a few of the cars they trashed and beat to death back in "Those" days!     :D

Welcome to your new Mustang home.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Regretted it for over 30 years...]

30 years without a 7173...  the idea alone gives me chicken skin :)

Any picts of the lady?

Welcome from the northern Netherlands
It was a long time to regret something. Everyone I know was sick of hearing me moan about it.

I'll post a pic. :)

Hello from Mississippi.  Glad you found us to decided to stay. Lots of knowledgeable and experienced  members here so never hesitate to ask any  questions, no matter how  foolish they may seem to you.

There are many of us here  who probably wished  they had  a few of the cars they trashed and beat to death back in "Those" days!     :D

Welcome to your new Mustang home.
Thank you. A good forum is a treasure, and they're getting rarer as time goes by. Having a brain trust that's been there, done that is an excellent resource.

Please keep in mind that I have yet to put my butt in the seat, it's getting loaded up tomorrow for its trip here.

Cleveland 4V, C-6, open 9". Nice on the outside, okay on the inside, very, very tired 'vintage' power train.

Back