My introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Dax

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach One Mustang - project car
351 C, Primed but rusty

1972 Mustang Coupe - always in need of some TLC
250 I-6, Red and Faded

Hello from Florida,

I own an old beat up rusted 1973 Mach 1. I bought it in 2010 and I haven't progressed much beyond the 351 C that has been rebuilt.

I also own a 1972 Coupe that I bought when I was stationed out in California. I had it in storage whilst overseas and the cover came off of it, therefore it soaked up a little too much sun and faded the paint.

I am the second owner of the Coupe and I have all of the original paperwork/poster for the car. 76k original miles on purchase.

It's currently giving me some problems that I'm saving up money for.

Photos for your time:

2010 - Mach

2018 - Sun Kissed Coupe

https://ibb.co/KzFG9ss
Washing-the-Coupe.jpg
[/URL]

When she was pretty

Coupe look great. One thing I noticed the garden hose and water everywhere. I always tell people to not wash a Mustang with running water. These cars were not dipped in a tank of primer they were sprayed with two coats of primer and I think 3 color. Inside they half ass applied sealer most of the time totally missing the seams. When you wash with running water it goes into cowl, inside door, quarters and around windows and the tail lights. It just feeds the rust. If you just take clean water in a bucket and micro fiber towels and hand wipe it will make your car last much longer.

Coupe look great. One thing I noticed the garden hose and water everywhere. I always tell people to not wash a Mustang with running water. These cars were not dipped in a tank of primer they were sprayed with two coats of primer and I think 3 color. Inside they half ass applied sealer most of the time totally missing the seams. When you wash with running water it goes into cowl, inside door, quarters and around windows and the tail lights. It just feeds the rust. If you just take clean water in a bucket and micro fiber towels and hand wipe it will make your car last much longer.
Thats some good advice. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from San Diego. The pics of the coupe on Camp Pendleton and Fallbrook ?

They are in fact from Pendleton and Fallbrook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back