'73 dealer-installed CB radios and antennas?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72conv

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang convertible
Does anyone have information on what make(s) and model(s) of CB radios and antennas were offered as "official" Ford-endorsed dealer-installed accessories for the 1973 model year?  I have that info from 1962 through 1968 (Raytheon Ray-Tel) and somewhat sketchy info for the late 1970s (Ford Aeronutronic, which were made by Motorola).  I am trying to determine what kind of "correct" CB radio to install in my '73 F100 Explorer pickup.  I suspect the antennas may have been left up to "dealer's choice", to be procured locally to meet the customer's needs.  Any help appreciated.

I have a 1973 Ford Accessories catalog, but no mention of CB radios. Most of the accessories listed are car related but also see some Bronco luggage racks. Don't see any pickup items.

I once owned a 78 Granada with a factory installed CB. The mic had a large plug that you plugged into a socket below the glove box. It also had four wheel disc brakes. Very unusual options in a Granada back then.

Back