Getting some new tires tomorrow. Time to destroy old ones!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
I am getting some new tires installed tomorrow, so I figured I would send the olds out in style. Hope everyone enjoys the videos. 

Pulling out of driveway and opening headers. 

src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HrKW2Sjyvwc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

1st burn out. 

2nd burn out. 

Having trouble with the videos loading!!!
Location PA?  I'm in Blandon PA.  I thought I heard a high revving Ford V8 the other day.  ;)  Good job with the burnouts.  There has been a bit of discussion on Cooper Cobra tires recently, and it looks like they go up in smoke quite well.

Thanks Guys.

Donkost, I am located about an hour north of Pittsburgh.

Canted393,  These Coppers have held up surprising well over the last few years. I believe i got them installed in 2014 or 2015.

Now to clean all the rubber off the quarter panels and roof.  Any suggestions??? I usually use WD-40 or Wax and grease remover. But there is alot this time, so i may end up getting the heat gun out too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys.

Donkost, I am located about an hour north of Pittsburgh.

Canted393,  These Coppers have held up surprising well over the last few years. I believe i got them installed in 2014 or 2015.

Now to clean all the rubber off the quarter panels and roof.  Any suggestions??? I usually use WD-40 or Wax and grease remover. But there is alot this time, so i may end up getting the heat gun out too!

Freaking Awesome!  rofl

Looks fantastic- what did you end up using on the rear quarters? I trust then you have located a great place there for tire mounting. I have one place I trust fairly close to where I live, and they have done European alloy wheel tire mounting for decades, so they are very careful with all makes. Very small shop but passed down from father to son. I am thinking of having Coker reproduction Firestone Wide Oval F60-15's mounted onto the original Magmum 500 wheels and I am 9/10ths of the way there as far as deciding. The new radial Wide Oval lookalike tires are not much more expensive than the bias ply originals. Mecum is offering 20% off on Coker tires this holiday weekend with a code of Mecum20 on the Coker web site.

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but you have different brands of tires front and rear. Must be due to the sizes which are available.

I ended up just soaking it WD-40 and using lots of rags to wipe off. Hell of a mess but it worked.

Yes the front tires are different. They used to match but they quit making that brand so I went with the Cooper Cobras in the rear. If the front ever wear out I will get matching sets but the back seem to wear much faster!! Lol.

Sweet ride, awesome vids. Your cam has an excellent burble to it.

I've seen a few people lately who use clean tack masking tape on their quarters if they're going racing.

Looks awful, but I imagine the cleanup takes five minutes.

I ended up just soaking it WD-40 and using lots of rags to wipe off. Hell of a mess but it worked.

Yes the front tires are different. They used to match but they quit making that brand so I went with the Cooper Cobras in the rear.  If the front ever wear out I will get matching sets but the back seem to wear much faster!! Lol.
Ah yes, why didn't I think of that, especially after watching your videos.  lol  Back in the early 1980's I had a crazy friend with a '71 Chevelle who just loved doing burnouts, did them everywhere.  Did beautiful large figure 8 burnouts in the back parking lot.  He may have invented drifting.  hehe  The car had a 350 in it from a 1980 Vette, but with revised cam, carb, headers, etc. and it made pretty good power.  We worked at a local auto parts chain and he even did a huge burnout in the shop one time with the big garage door closed.  Dangerous yes if his car broke loose, but he was a burnout master (it had a THM350).  As soon as he ended the burnout I opened the big garage door out back and a huge plume of tire smoke wafted over the entire strip mall area.  We stood out front and acted as though nothing was wrong, and a few concerned people stopped and asked if the place was on fire.  ;)  Anyway, sorry for the threadjack, but this guy burned through two brand new B.F. Goodrich Belted T/A's inside of two weeks.  That's what we both bought back then, not sure if anyone remembers those.  One of the rear tires wore through the tread to the point where the tire lost air and began flapping around.  We used to get really good pricing on those tires and just used the tire machine and balancer in the shop.

You have a interesting combination with the 408C, C4, and 8.8" rear.  And I'm guessing electric header dumps, which give that great sound during the burnouts.  Those American Racing wheels (looks like them to me) work really well with the color combination of the car.

Back