7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 302 V8
Hi Everyone,

Just bought a Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier called a 71 Mustang!    lollerz 

I can't believe the length of the front fenders and Hood!

I live in North Surrey, Directly South of London, UK.

This car is definitely going to stand out in the crowd of BMWs and other European dull tin boxes.

I know nothing much about these cars or how to tell what factory spec my car was or should be?

I have some small parts missing such as the complete Window washer system, and the car needs all new weatherstripping on the doors and side quarters.

I also need a rubber seal between the filler neck and fuel tank, there is a smell of fuel in the trunk?

For my sins I also have another couple of American Toys, A 2003 Harley Davidson Fatboy and a 2000 Dodge Viper GTS

I am also the UK President of the Viper Owners Association.

Looking forward to gaining tips and Info.

Welcome from Oregon. Looks like you have a nice car there, to start your flight lessons with. There's a lot of data posted on our website. If you go to the Mustang Data tab at the upper right of this page you'll be able to get some. There's more in the Wiki forum, and the a lot of tutorials posted in individual from sections. And then, you'll always get answers to any of your questions.

Well sadly it turns out I may have bought a bit of a Junkyard Dog :(

Car needs some chassis work! The front crossmember has had a big impact and needs to be cut out and replaced. There is a big patched hole under the RHS rear foot area so that part of the floor pan requires replacing. The rear shock mounts in the body have been welded on buy a 3 year old and it looks like there is problem with either a rear axle alignment or something is bent in the rear.

Front brakes are binding, rear foot (parking brake) does not work. Neutral shifter lock not working, electrical switch is missing, and a whole host of other issues.

So not a great start to ownership :( At the moment,the car is dangerous and unsafe to drive.

Oh and according to the door sticker the car was delivered Wimbledon White with a Red interior! No idea where all that colour and trim disappeared to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the Door sticker, Not Orange!

IMG-20190926-122816.jpg

Picture of the front crossmember! Bad :(

IMG-20191001-124000.jpg

Back