4K - 71 Mach 1 for sale near DC

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 (x3) 73 Grande
68 Coupe
72 Sprint Fastback
72 Sprint convertible, 1 of 50 (sold)
69 GT 500 (sold)
68 Fastback deluxe int. w/bench (sold)
This was just posted and might be worth a better look. Don't know seller or car history...

00L0L_lJjhcX7scXt_600x450.jpg

https://images.craigslist.org/00e0e_eBXdI0IIOJ5_600x450.jpg[/img]

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/d/bethesda-1971-ford-mustang-mach-1-v8/6966950780.html

Oh my.  Potential buyers need to be prepared for a LOT of rust repair.  The floor inside of mine had pretty much the same pile of bits, pieces, and debris from trees all over the place - I'd put money down that the cowl is Swiss cheese, probably the floor pans in the low spots, as well. Looks like it was a nice car.

Still... it looks a helluva lot nicer than mine did when I first saw the CL ad.  Hopefully, it's not as bad off as mine was in the places where it counts.

I'd counter with $2500 - show me that it actually runs and drives and I'll bump it up another $1000. (Hey, why pay more if you don't have to?)

Pewter w/vermillion Sports interior is probably my top color choice for a 71-73. Looks like it was well cared for and the owner was unable to do anything with it. You can pretty much count on the cowl being rotted out, but the fender aprons look solid and I don't see any major rust on what few pics they show of the exterior. Could be a good deal for someone in the area.

No picts of the rear or underneath but if the only hit is on the front bumper, even with the lots of rust that can be expected,

it could be an ideal first project car for a young fellow. As David stated, chances you could get it for lower is high.

Perfect way to enter the hobby and end up with a really cool car.

I actually drive by this car every afternoon after work. Its on Greentree Road in Bethesda, MD. It has been sitting there in that same position as long as the seller says. The car cover was only put on sometime during this summer. Little too late to keep the tree leaves and debris from rotting the cowl out. Cowl is definietly rotted if you look in the one picture with hood up by passenger side hood hinge there is a rust big hole in the cowl where it meets the firewall. From what I have seen driving by no windows are broken so all that debris on the front floor is definitely from a rotted cowl or possibly rodents making their nests in the car. Front floors are probably rotted as others have commented. Body does look straight and rust free but thats what I can see driving by. Never stopped as I do not need any more projects. One picture looks like there maybe rust on the rear left wheel well at top.

It's a bit humorous (but also a shame) regarding the car cover. It's like saying a car for sale is "garage kept" (since yesterday).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ebay buyer must have paid for the car. Drove by the house yesterday and the Mustang is gone, just a pile of leaves laying around where it used to sit. It was still there Thursday afternoon so they must have got it over the weekend.

Ebay buyer must have paid for the car. 
The Craigslist ad was deleted and he left positive feedback for the buyer. Apparently the Mach "was" bought for $5,700. That's $1,700 more than he originally wanted and a good sign for our 71-73 values...

Back