Walk around my 71 302

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, I've got lots to do on it interior wise, I want to get it back to original inside.

Its missing the Windscreen washer system, I believe the car came from Southern California.

I don't actually get the car until September 10th, its being Delivered to me then.

I will then get to work seeing what it needs! $$$$$$$$$

Looks great in that color. If the vinyl roof is original to the car in 71 there was only a little over 100 built. I have lost my Marti book cannot look up. The car also has a 73 rear bumper and guards but nobody will know there.
Thanks for the info, I have no clue on this car, I just liked the colour and Bought it  lollerz  Did I do any research, NO!

What should the Oil pressure be on these cars?  Where should the Gauge be?

Looks great in that color. If the vinyl roof is original to the car in 71 there was only a little over 100 built. I have lost my Marti book cannot look up. The car also has a 73 rear bumper and guards but nobody will know there.
Thanks for the info, I have no clue on this car, I just liked the colour and Bought it  lollerz  Did I do any research, NO!

If you have a factory tach dash, there will be a 3 gauge center cluster that includes the oil pressure.  If your dash does not have a tach, it will have an oil pressure indicator lamp.

If you mean " where would the gauge needle be pointing ", I had the same question a few weeks back.   Answer in general terms: around mid point at cold start and drop to approx above the O when hot.   Approx 90 psi initially, down to 75 psi when running.  May also depend on the type of oil you are using. 

Some good info on this site so do a further search.

Interesting car - stick with it.

PKJ

If you mean " where would the gauge needle be pointing ", I had the same question a few weeks back.   Answer in general terms: around mid point at cold start and drop to approx above the O when hot.   Approx 90 psi initially, down to 75 psi when running.  May also depend on the type of oil you are using. 

Some good info on this site so do a further search.

Interesting car - stick with it.

PKJ
Thanks, Yes where the needle is pointing was what I meant.  Now someone has fitted aftermarket replacement non factory gauges in this car, they are the same size as the originals and fit in the gauge cluster.  I will post up a quick video.

Back