1971 J-code Mach 1 project in CA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck on that price. We all know one of the members here bought one needing nothing on ebay for $27,500 I restrained myself from bidding, lol. 

Will be another fairly rare car that cost way more to restore than it will be worth.
Ha... in fairness, that car needed some work but a good price nonetheless, I would have bid had I had the space at the time. In fact he won the lottery. LOL  J Code Mach’s that “need nothing”, will be double that price in real world buying. Again, it is not always what it will be worth. It is worth what someone is willing to pay. I agree, based on what I can see on that car, $25k may be too high...

25k is a lot for a shop to make profit even if all hard to find parts are there and is really matching numbers, but for a real lover looking for one,

even if it's really lots of work, how many 429's are still around these days that you can buy in low 2 digits?

That a member bought one for 27k with nothing to be done on it, is truly exceptional. Happy lucky owner really!

I think opportunities to get yourself a rare 71 only car for a not too crazy price are getting thinner by the day.

But you really have to prep a huge barrel of elbow oil or have a fat healthy wallet if you let it restored the way it should be.

On my part happy owner of one of these rare breed, I'm happy to see they are on the rise, just for the idea, as I will never ever sale mine.

Back in 2000 when I brought it back from France before bring it to storage, it stayed the night in front of the house on the trailer.

2 persons came in the morning wanting to buy it. Last year when I brought it back home it stayed also 1 afternoon parked on the road.

Rusty, parts in buckets inside, dirty with a ton of barn dust on it, another dude came at the door to offer to buy it.

All that to say, that they are enough people after these and pretty sure it will sale and prolly not too far bellow the asked price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck on that price. We all know one of the members here bought one needing nothing on ebay for $27,500 I restrained myself from bidding, lol. 

Will be another fairly rare car that cost way more to restore than it will be worth.
And I just bought this California one for $17,000.  So there are still deals out there.  Been sitting since about 1981, was hit in the right front wheel area, but sitting inside the whole time.  PW car, fold down, still has the original Magnums except the front right where it got hit.  Nice and solid, but they did some primer work for surface rust, not sure why, but easy to fix.  

Back