Replacing all of my brake lines and have ran into a connection problem.  I have front disc brakes and on the passenger side, I have two male fittings at the shock tower.  Is there a special coupler or union needed to connect the cross over line to the wheel line?  If so, what size is it and where can I find one?

Thanks,

Andy

I took my lines to Advance and they let me go behind the counter to the rack and sort out what I need. They are inch and everything now is metric so be sure of size. You can check with caliper or micrometer.

I know on the rear axle that Ford had two different size connectors on the junction there but repo lines have just one size so the J block no longer works. Great Repo parts.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

I took my lines to Advance and they let me go behind the counter to the rack and sort out what I need. They are inch and everything now is metric so be sure of size. You can check with caliper or micrometer.

I know on the rear axle that Ford had two different size connectors on the junction there but repo lines have just one size so the J block no longer works. Great Repo parts.

I'll be doing those soon.  How would you make that work?  Is it a 3-way "y" fitting to replace the OEM block?

I'll be doing those soon.  How would you make that work?  Is it a 3-way "y" fitting to replace the OEM block?

Be careful with brake line fittings - your life could depend on them.  For these joiners, look up SWAGELOK - they have a double ferrule style that is super strong and easy to use.  I recall brake lines are 3/16" o / d standard ( yes, put a good vernier over a clean line section to check )  Probably not in your average hardware store but the website should list distributors in your area.

Happy hunting.

PKJ

Andy, if you don't find one local let me know I will pull one off a parts call and send it to you

Ohio Mustang Supply

440-949-2556

http://www.7173mustangs.com/images/oms_sig_banner.jpg