interior questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommydone

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Hey Just bought my wife a 1973 Mach one and had a few questions . did any cars in 73 come with a wood steering wheel ? she wants to keep it original but she like the wood wheel as do I. how hard is it to come by a blue center console ? she is looking for the full length one .

The rim blow three-spoke steering wheel was an option on all models from 71 to 73. Its hard to see in the picture, but it has a woodgrain around the top part of the grip. Also the horn was activated thru a rubber strip around the wheel, hence the name "rim-blow".

Last edited by a moderator:
The other option for 73 for steering wheel was a leather wrapped. All were black but the center matched the interior color so yours would have been blue. The car in picture is one I ordered new. I took 10 weeks and took the entire car apart, interior out, dash out, engine trans out, and the suspension. I cleaned and detailed and put back together. It now resides in the MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum in Concord, N.C.. So if you need pics or info on about anything on a 73 I will probably have them. I also have to 73 convertibles. 

The pic of my Mach 1 was before I cleaned it do not really have any after pics. Will see if site will let me upload short video of it driving into the museum. I had not been started for 37 years until that day and ran fine not smoke and still has the original exhaust, 12,300 miles.

You could also get a tilt column which is nice. Usually pretty pricey and beware 73 is different than 71 & 72. There are lots of differences so ask about fit before you buy. 

System says the file is too large so I cannot load the video.

I did find some pics my nephew took with phone. This car has not been washed with running water in 38 years and has not been buffed. It sat on dirt floor open pole barn with car cover on it.

You should never wash one of these cars with running water it only feeds the rust inside the doors, cowl, tail lights, quarters, etc. 

Back