Lost my sister in February to cancer .

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
My sister passed on in February and her life long best friend, met at 16 drag racing on main street, is about to pass on also.

Jim her husband had been sick and went to hospital to get some tests done and had just got out. Went to grocery and was pushing buggy when he slipped on something. He fell back held onto the buggy and it ended up on him.

His head hit the floor and broke his neck and burst his skull. They took him to emergency brain surgery remove part of his skull and just left it open to relieve swelling. They doubt he will survive.

Of course no visitors but his daughters and son. They just let me know he is having a massive heart attack and for sure will not make it.

So sad for the kids and all the grand kids they have. They were one of the closest families I ever knew. Always camping, had a pool at home so lots of friends over. 

It is tough to loose one parent but two so quick. They were both just 75 so way too early.

So live your life to the most you can every day even a grocery store can kill you.

They met here in Hendersonville cruising the streets. She was in our 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 two door hard top 312 4-v auto and he had a 1957 Chevy two door hardtop 283 2 X 4-V auto. They ended up dragging on main street and my sister won and that is how it all began. He never could outrun the 57 Ford ran at 1/4 strip and beat him and top end was a joke. When he got a new Camaro 67 rs/ss we were both going to tech school in Asheville. On way home one day he blew by in the 57 ford on the interstate. I kicked it down and caught and past him the speedo needle pegged on the ford. Daddy would never let him forget that. 

The 57 ford sits in the barn just so hard to let go of all the memories. 

Both will be missed by many well known and like by everyone. 

Life goes on.

Sorry to hear about the sad news. Hard not to dwell on the sorrow but try to celebrate his life for what his is and has done.

My prayers are with you and family

So sad tonight. The Dr. wants to pull the plug but the family does not want him to pass on his birthday which is today. They are all around his bed will pull plug at midnight. So sad he was such a good man a father. Life is never fair. 

If his heart was stronger might make it but too weak and if they give heart medication his brain will bleed so not a right way to go. 

Live you life to the fullest I just keep watching my family go away and it is so painful.

So sad tonight. The Dr. wants to pull the plug but the family does not want him to pass on his birthday which is today. They are all around his bed will pull plug at midnight. So sad he was such a good man a father. Life is never fair. 

If his heart was stronger might make it but too weak and if they give heart medication his brain will bleed so not a right way to go. 

Live you life to the fullest I just keep watching my family go away and it is so painful.
God bless you and your family in these hard times. Just doesnt seem fair at all. I know how you feel sir! I lost both my brothers, my father, my mother, and now my wife has bone cancer. All this in 2 years.

I pray every night and will include you in those prayers.

Rod

David,

Sometimes I just don't know how you keep going at the pace you do. The loss of your Daughter, then your Sister this past February has got to be really tough to deal with.

Especially sad when someone has been in your life long enough that you remember them racing 1957 vehicles.

Weird to say, but it is one of the downsides to living longer. You lose people that were classmates, friends, and family that you never gave a second thought that one day they would not be here. At this point, all you can do is think of all the good things in his life and the joy that he will experience when he is with his wife once again.

Please find comfort that our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your extended Family as all are gathered in his room tonight.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

They did pull the plug at midnight and he lasted a couple hours and passed on. So he is with his life long sweetheart again. Family will miss him we had such great camping trips to the beach and mountains and lots of cookouts. Christmas was always a mad house but always fun. 

His family is heart broken to loose both parents so soon. They have so many grand kids that wanted to be with them.

So as I said earlier. You have to live life each day as if your last. Tell your loved ones that you love them each day. A trip to the grocery store ends up in a death. 

Thanks for being such a great group.

David

Sorry David. I effing hate stories like this. I lost my Mother, MIL and FIL in five years to cancer and have two dear friends, age 50 and 57, fighting it now with a dismal outlook.

I'm so sorry David. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

My condolences David. My prayers with you and family.

Life is indeed unpredictable. You hear of the fit that work out and eat "well" that die young of a heart attack or cancer. You hear of the smokers, no exercisers, that live into the mid nineties with no illnesses (my grandma). As you say, enjoy life because you are only here one time. Most things in moderation are good and in excess are bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back