Hood to Cowl seal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richs986

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1
This may be a stupid question, but how does one install this seal on a 73? I bought a kit and came to me as a seal and some type of push fasteners. I can't find any holes in the seal.

:huh:

Please help!

This may be a stupid question, but how does one install this seal on a 73? I bought a kit and came to me as a seal and some type of push fasteners. I can't find any holes in the seal.

:huh:

Please help!
There was a discussion on this topic a couple of months back.  Search under your subject heading - you should find it.  In summary, you will need to make tiny slits in the flat ( under ) side to push the plastic pins into.  If you have the old one, put them side by side to get the positions.  If not just follow the holes in top of the cowl.  Don't stretch it too much.  Start at one end and go easy.

Have fun.

PKJ

I pulled the old one off to line up the holes with the new piece.

Make sure the new slits are small so you can just push the new plastic pins into it.

I believe I remember reading that one member used a soldering iron with a pencil tip to burn the holes in it. This should give a hole that is less likely to tear out. Another thing I would consider using is a leather hole punch.

As I recall, the holes were in the kit I bought a while back, small, but there. Double check real close before doing anything else....

Back