1973 Grill Horse

mpbsr

Looking to replace my grill ornament tri color running horse as it's a little beat up.

I can only find it at NPD and the price is $21.50 which I'm ok with. Just bugs me to pay $9.00 for shipping.

https://www.npdlink.com/product/ornament-grille/106213

Anyone know of another source?

Thanks

Are the colors on it washed out, or does it have some other damage? If the colors just need refreshing, perhaps you know someone who is good at pin-striping. Someone with a steady hand could reapply the colors. I had a friend do that years ago on the side emblems of a GTO. The same guy redid around the 4 speed shifter on a Trans Am using chrome paint. In both cases it looked factory afterward.

Are the colors on it washed out, or does it have some other damage?  If the colors just need refreshing, perhaps you know someone who is good at pin-striping.  Someone with a steady hand could reapply the colors.  I had a friend do that years ago on the side emblems of a GTO.  The same guy redid around the 4 speed shifter on a Trans Am using chrome paint.  In both cases it looked factory afterward.

Previous owner drilled a hole to place a screw through the bottom to hold it in place.

Figured it was time to replace it.

CJPony - $20.93 plus $6.00 shipping.  Difference = $3.57 - Enough for a Bud Light Draft.

Sounds good.

But after winning 2 beer towers at the South Jersey 39th Mustang show yesterday, I have all the beer I need.

Beer.thumb.jpg.5b62c203d82182c276281ef42dff791d.jpg

CJPony - $20.93 plus $6.00 shipping.  Difference = $3.57 - Enough for a Bud Light Draft.

Sounds good.

But after winning 2 beer towers at the South Jersey 39th Mustang show yesterday, I have all the beer I need.

In that case I'll send you my address - you ship me the beer - I send you the pony!

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Sounds good.

In that case I'll send you my address - you ship me the beer - I send you the pony!

Oh man, to late. I just ordered the Pony from CJ.

Thanks

I can pee better beer.

Really rolling the dice....

FWIW, I'd rather pay the extra money twice over to NPD given the utter shenanigans that CJ is known for. Even if you discount 80% of CJ's issues to their customers, that's still a pretty terrible track record.

I can pee better beer.

Really rolling the dice....

FWIW, I'd rather pay the extra money twice over to NPD given the utter shenanigans that CJ is known for. Even if you discount 80% of CJ's issues to their customers, that's still a pretty terrible track record.

Time will tell. Thanks

GgjfQQJMceqs.JPG

Item #D1ZZ-8213-B

71-73 MACH 1 GRILLE EMBLEM

Mach 1 grille ornament with threaded mounting studs.

OLP_sm.bmp

Saw this post too late 27.95 shipped

Wish I knew before. If by chance CJ Pony doesn't come through I will order from you.

Thanks

GgjfQQJMceqs.JPG

Item #D1ZZ-8213-B

OLP_sm.bmp

Wish I knew before. If by chance CJ Pony doesn't come through I will order from you.

Thanks

Good chance CJ's will still mess something up, so Don still has a chance LOL!!

I always try to order from OMS! Cant beat the no hassle service.

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

GgjfQQJMceqs.JPG

Item #D1ZZ-8213-B

OLP_sm.bmp

Thanks

But I always try and hassle you Kevin :whistling:

Thanks

But I always try and hassle you Kevin :whistling:

Guess someone knew better than I.

Got the email from CJ that the part is out of stock and on back order.

So, Don I will order it from you as I should have done in the first place.

Thanks

Done

Thanks again.

Hello MBPSR thanks for the order of the grille pony ... they are on back-order rofl rofl rofl 

Just kidding it will ship tomorrow.

Thanks ... blame Kevin for you being hassled :whistling:

You freakin had me for a second.  :bravo:

Sounds good.

did you make the family  walk home

Sounds good.

did you make the family  walk home

It was only me at the show...Lucky.

First, I would like to say that I'm embarrassed as Christine was like this when I got her 6.5 years ago, but never thought about changing it or how bad it looked (it was OEM and it looks like someone used crayons to color it in). Why the screw was there I can only guess as the bottom plate tri-bar came loose (not the screw that holds it in place) and instead of gluing it....well

Second, thank you to Don (OMS) for having this in stock, unlike CJ Pony and getting it to me in about 36 hours.

Third, thank you to Rich (rackerm) as we met last Sunday at a show and I saw how good his Tri-bar Mustang looked.

Here's a pic of the one that came with Christine and the new one from OMS.

Horse.jpg