Suspension Kit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrobinson

Reaction score
My Car
My 13 year old wants to build a 1971-73 Mach 1 Mustang for his first car. We have found a Grabber Blue with white interior base model 1971 Mach 1 to start on.
I am really bummed out right now. I just went to Mustang Depots website to order my suspension kit. I got into the cart to pay and read they had permanently closed their doors. Does anyone sell suspension kits that can be upgraded and such like theirs? I am ready to purchase new suspension components for my sons 73 Mach 1.  I appreciate any help that can be given.

Check with Don at OMS. Just a heads up. The kits are not all they seem. I purchased my components individually.
OMS is Ohio Mustang?

@ 73 Pony, yea, wish I'd done that instead of buying a "kit" from a vendor. Scott Drake junk basically. The coil springs they sold with it were NOT correct by a long shot. Buy springs from Eaton and be done with it. I actually reused my front coils as they were still good and in spec.

On the rears leaf springs, I made the same mistake basically. I bought Grab-A-Trak 4 1/2 leaf 175lb only to find the arc is too great and I had to fit 1" lowering block until they settled, which they have not done after two years. I'm currently in process of potentially ordering custom spring from Eaton, IF they'll make them with 4 1/2 leaves.

Geoff.

None of my stuff is Scott Drake :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Moog is made in 16 different countries.

EDIT ... I have to correct myself the small rubber sway bar bushings and sway bar end links are in a Drake package.

All other parts are from ACP

Sorry Randy I touched his package ... don't judge me

Last edited by a moderator:
None of my stuff is Scott Drake :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Moog is made in 16 different countries.
Glad to hear you don't touch his "junk". ::devil:: :whistling:

Please be aware of the potential problems if you should happen to use polyurethane bushings on the strut rods. Its a really bad idea as they have been shown to break during use. I believe I read that they do not flex enough during use. Others will clarify I hope. Ed Raver

I ordered all of my suspension components separately from Rock Auto as well.

Good luck on the search, OMS does have great parts and service and highly recommend them if you go with the complete kit .

Tom

Back