1972 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evil Pony
Nice car, well optioned. I see it was delivered to Fred Jones Ford. Small world, Fred Jones Ford used to be in downtown Oklahoma City just 14 miles from where I live in Mustang Oklahoma. Fred Jones had a very long and involved history with Henry Ford. Jones actually built model Ts here for Ford. Good luck with the car. It is usually a lengthy process but worth the effort. Chuck

I'd like to add a little to what Chuck said...

Fred Jones was also very involved in the Ford's Muscle Parts Program.

The Fred Jones Ford Drag Team was well known as they campaigned cars from roughly 1968 thru 1970 with dealerships in OKC and Tulsa. I remember going to the dealership in 1969 with my dad and sitting in a new, red 1970 Boss 429. My dad drug me out of it as he purchased some new trucks for their oilfield business. He liked the car too but joked with the salesman; "probably wouldn't hold up too good out in the patch", referring to the oil field industry as the "oil patch".

I'll look for some old correspondence, from Fred Jones Ford and try send some copies, once located.

Ray

Wow!, some very interesting info there, you just never know do you. This forum has been nothing but helpful. Good stuff.

I have to re-equip all the stuff, the engine and gearbox are there but I need a new diff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!, some very interesting info there, you just never know do you. This forum has been nothing but helpful. Good stuff.

I have to re-equip all the stuff, the engine and gearbox are there but I need a new diff.
" but I need a new diff. "

What do you need? center section? drum to drum?

Very interesting when compared to my Marti report for cars built within one day of each other. My car was ordered 12/17/71 (11 days after yours) and was built 01/05/1972 (1 day before yours). I guess they had to wait a little longer for something. Will you take it back to original or build it to suit your individual preferences?

72 Marti Report.pdf

Attachments

• 72 Marti Report.pdf
    284.9 KB · Views: 6
Will you take it back to original or build it to suit your individual preferences?
I was going to do it grabber blue with black on black. but I am now leaning more to the original combo. I probably play around with the tint in the paint to make it look more 'gold' and less brown.

Back