Need radiator help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrew2

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang convertible
Can anyone verify the radiator size for a 73 factory AC car. I purchase a Cold-Case alum radiator and electric fan kit hopefully to help with my overheating problems while in traffic. Of course was supposed to be a drop--in direct replacement. My existing radiator tanks are approx 3 in deep on driver side and 2.5 inches on passenger side. The upper radiator saddles that attach to the core support are sized appropriately with the passenger side being approx 1/2 inch shorter than the driver side. The new radiator is approx 2 7/8 inches on both ends and the passenger side mount will not work.

1. does the factory radiator sizes sound correct for an A/C car or have I had the wrong radiator all along?

2. the only way the new radiator will work is if  the passenger side mount is the same as the driver side. Is there a source for these upper mounts? I can't find any for a 71-73 from any of the usual vendors.

I can sell you a set of the larger mount from one of my parts cars

But all the 71-3's cam with 2 different size mounts

I can sell you a set of the larger mount from one of my parts cars

But all the 71-3's cam with 2 different size mounts
That would be great! Just let me know how much and how to order them from you. I assume they will come with original used rubber inserts also. I only need the 1 larger one but if you only sell as a pair thats OK.

Back