• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

What is this worth?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterlife

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Since the members are the smartest around, let me know what you think this mustang is worth 

1990, GT, 5.0, auto, triple black with new convert

top, 1 owner, 74k miles, 9/10 condition 

Let me know

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex,

I will take a stab at this as I did nearly the same thing 4 years ago.

I sold my mother's 86 GT convertible.

Canyon red w/ black graphics, charcoal interior, premium sound and black top.  Original 10 Hole GT wheels, good rubber, 72K miles and original paint,  Drove nice started nice and the car was a very clean original GT.

I think I got $5k for it  after about a month of trying.  The market didn't bear much value for something that was not show room new, then it was still an old car that is not as refined as the new ones.

So depending on the condition of the body and interior I would guess about $4500 or less.  Run the Kelly Blue Book calculator as that is the offer people will make unless you can prove that someone famous owned it.

kcmash

Since the members are the smartest around, let me know what you think this mustang is worth 

top, 1 owner, 74k miles,  9/10 condition 

Let me know

Alex
Alex,  Foxes are hot right now, so a good time to sell.  If it is really a 9/10 inside, outside etc, then your are probably closer to $7000-$7500 for a GT Conv.  

top, 1 owner, 74k miles,  9/10 condition 

Let me know

Alex

Something is only worth what another is willing to pay. Of coarse there is some out there who think what they own should bring Barrett Jackson prices but pick a price that you are comfortable with and go from there. That's how I have to approach pricing. Point in case there are a lot of people out there right now with the small broncos that they purchased a few years ago when that market was hot. Now they want at least what they paid for them and the market doesn't support that right now. The million dollar hemi cars a few years ago is also another example.

Back