429 For Sale question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The car in question is a SCJ (Drag Pak) Ram Air car, designated by either the V- (3.91 Traction Lok) or Y - (4.11 Detroit Locker) rear axle codes. AFAIK, the only required option for any 429 car was disc brakes, and the Drag Pak package only got you the upgraded engine bits. See the 71 Facts book attached.

It has the Mach 1 Sports Interior, which included the 3 center gauges, trip odometer and clock, but they needed to check the box for the Instrumentation Group to get the tach.

1971 Mustang Facts Book_rev Feb 15 1971.pdf

Attachments

• 1971 Mustang Facts Book_rev Feb 15 1971.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 33
The car in question is a SCJ (Drag Pak) Ram Air car, designated by either the V- (3.91 Traction Lok) or Y - (4.11 Detroit Locker) rear axle codes. AFAIK, the only required option for any 429 car was disc brakes, and the Drag Pak package only got you the upgraded engine bits. See the 71 Facts book attached.

It has the Mach 1 Sports Interior, which included the 3 center gauges, trip odometer and clock, but they needed to check the box for the Instrumentation Group to get the tach.
Thanks for the info!

The fact book doesn't open right for me...is there another place I can find it?

With a factory 6150 rpm rev limiter, who needs a tach? lol No idea if the rev limiter actually still works, and there were replicas made which had no guts inside. What a iconic musclecar, and if it checks out in person that's not necessarily a bad price for a dealer. I love that look of no stripes, no front or rear spoiler, just black paint and the pure evil that is the 429 SCJ!

Back