New mach 1 im getting today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Well i been offered a deal i cant refused on a 74 mustang mach 1 with a v6..only year a mustang didnt come with a v8..lol...some one raced it out and parked it for a long time...Dumped tons of cash into the motor ..Has a big holley carb on it...Headers...And high rise manifold i think....Fold down rear seats and its a hatch back and a decent interior..door pannels and seals look like new....body in good shape besides a tree put a dent in the bottom of the door...has a tack...and aluminum racing wheels...Allways wanted one for a daily driver for some reason....now i got it!!... thinkin about putting the window louvers on it and making a some what phoney cobra out of it...some one allready cutt the hood for the big carb and highrise...just scoop it im thinking....this one still says mach 1 down by the fender too..its so cute..lol...i guess that would be kinda cool..sence i got a 73 mach 1..have the transition year would be kinda neat..ill try to snap some picks of the poor girl..i hope it fires up still...it drove and ran good into the place its sitting now 8 years ago....of cource going to emty the gas and such before i even think about it.....but i got it soo cheap..i cant loose.

Sounds cool! Can't wait to see some pics!

Congratulations...it is always great to hear that someone was able to finally get something that they have been wanting.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

BT

I think the Mustang II Mach 1's are kind of neat looking. Ford did offer an aluminum wheel that had similar styling as the 73 Mustang Aluminum Wheel, although only a 4 bolt of course. Post up those pictures.

I got my eye on one rite now. Its a 75 Mach 1 302 and A/C. The elder lady wont sell to me until she finds the keys. She stopped driving it about 4 years ago. So the little Mach 1 sits their under the car port.

The '74-'78s got a bad rap because they were what was left after the big 'gas crunch' years. My Mom had a '75 hatch, and honestly it was a pretty cool little car. Much better than the '78 Fairmont Futura she traded it for.

I don't think I'd seek one out as a project, but I can say that I'd have one before I'd consider a Pinto or just about anything else Ford offered at the time.

Good luck finding parts - have fun with your project.

only year a mustang didnt come with a v8
I was waiting for Damian to chime in, but I got his back...ask him about the I6 that came stock in his Mustang.
oohh yes..talked to him about that on a thread before...think his marti report...cool option..a strait 6 in are years of stangs..lol...this 74 thou..only one with out a v8 option...and first year for a 4 cil and a v6..lol...think first year they went too liters too isnt it?

i think i may pick this car up...lookin at it today...its all black with mach 1 down low on the fender..thing has a big holley 4 barrel.....has headers...and a offenhouser 4 barrel intake on the little 2.8 v6...i never seen one..i guess there a bit rare.....they still make them..but there in the 500 dollar range....it even has a fuel regulator and electric fuel pump...staggered shocks and big sway bars...racing rims..4 speed..i didnt have my cell phone with me to snap a pic..but ill pop up there and do so before i pick it up..we was checking it for bee's..hehe...its been parked behind my dads shop for a long time...guy who owned it..drove it back to the spot its in..ran good at the time...and he died few years later. his wife gifted it too my dad..which my dad is not going to let me have it for free...but ill get it for a steal anyways

only year a mustang didnt come with a v8
I was waiting for Damian to chime in, but I got his back...ask him about the I6 that came stock in his Mustang.
oohh yes..talked to him about that on a thread before...think his marti report...cool option..a strait 6 in are years of stangs..lol...this 74 thou..only one with out a v8 option...and first year for a 4 cil and a v6..lol...think first year they went too liters too isnt it?

i think i may pick this car up...lookin at it today...its all black with mach 1 down low on the fender..thing has a big holley 4 barrel.....has headers...and a offenhouser 4 barrel intake on the little 2.8 v6...i never seen one..i guess there a bit rare.....they still make them..but there in the 500 dollar range....it even has a fuel regulator and electric fuel pump...staggered shocks and big sway bars...racing rims..4 speed..i didnt have my cell phone with me to snap a pic..but ill pop up there and do so before i pick it up..we was checking it for bee's..hehe...its been parked behind my dads shop for a long time...guy who owned it..drove it back to the spot its in..ran good at the time...and he died few years later. his wife gifted it too my dad..which my dad is not going to let me have it for free...but ill get it for a steal anyways
I like the non-standard options. I6 is so rare that it's automatically cool in my opinion. And you're right, I think '74 is the first year they referred to displacement in liters. I still call them in ci, even the new ones LOL. "5.0? What's that? I have a 302!"

1st Let me say I'm a Mustang II fan. I have owned 2 of them a 75 with a 302 and a 77 with a 2.3. Both cars served me well. But with that said a Mustang II could not and would not hold up to the abuse that a Fox 5 litter can. That holds true for all other Mustangs as well. Ok 05s and newer may knot apply.

Back