1973 Mach 1 back from MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I went down to Concord, N.C. and picked up my 1973 Mach 1 from the MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum. The Roval race is this weekend but there was just nobody there as usual even with free parking. NASCAR is going to die soon.

They had Ford day today at MOM so had to wait until noon to get the car. Three guys that were visiting the museum were thrilled to help me take the car out of the line up and switch out the rear tires and load it on the dolly. 

It did start right up after sitting for 6 months without charging the battery. It did not smoke and I backed out of museum and pulled on the dolly. 

They helped me put two quarts of transmission grease in the transmission I did not have time before taking down. I ran up to 70 mph pulling back and had rain last 5 miles so it got wet first time in 37 years.

BTW I guess it put miles on due to transmission turning tail shaft. 

I will post some pics tomorrow. 

The three guys were so excited said like going to art museum and getting to handle the Mona Lisa, lol. They could not believe it was original they got close look at it. 

So it will be at the Maggie Valley Mustang show the oldest in the U.S.A.. Then it will be the 1973 model at the PITS, Ponies In The Smokies in March 2020 on the inside display. Might got to museum in Pigeon Forge after that. Lots of interest, Mecum wants to sell it.

Here are some pics just before it left the museum and in the front headed home. It was probably the most original 1st. generation in the museum most were restored not original.

So at least one time our years was not put in back. My car was the third car inside the museum right behind Carroll Shelby's Black hornet. I do not know how to spell his name never a fan of a failure like him. If I need to explain I can in detail. There is an empty spot until next week then a new car is in place. Do not know what car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job and good to hear all went well. Glad to see we got some recognition. It is people like you that keeps the rest of us inspired. Awesome that you got the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I went down to Concord, N.C. and picked up my 1973 Mach 1 from the MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum. The Roval race is this weekend but there was just nobody there as usual even with free parking. NASCAR is going to die soon.

They had Ford day today at MOM so had to wait until noon to get the car. Three guys that were visiting the museum were thrilled to help me take the car out of the line up and switch out the rear tires and load it on the dolly.

It did start right up after sitting for 6 months without charging the battery. It did not smoke and I backed out of museum and pulled on the dolly.

They helped me put two quarts of transmission grease in the transmission I did not have time before taking down. I ran up to 70 mph pulling back and had rain last 5 miles so it got wet first time in 37 years.

The three guys were so excited said like going to art museum and getting to handle the Mona Lisa, lol. They could not believe it was original they got close look at it.

So it will be at the Maggie Valley Mustang show the oldest in the U.S.A.. Then it will be the 1973 model at the PITS, Ponies In The Smokies in March 2020 on the inside display. Might got to museum in Pigeon Forge after that. Lots of interest, Mecum wants to sell it.

Here are some pics just before it left the museum and in the front headed home. It was probably the most original 1st. generation in the museum most were restored not original.

So at least one time our years was not put in back. My car was the third car inside the museum right behind Carroll Shelby's Black hornet. I do not know how to spell his name never a fan of a failure like him. If I need to explain I can in detail. There is an empty spot until next week then a new car is in place. Do not know what car.

They had Ford day today at MOM so had to wait until noon to get the car. Three guys that were visiting the museum were thrilled to help me take the car out of the line up and switch out the rear tires and load it on the dolly.

So at least one time our years was not put in back. My car was the third car inside the museum right behind Carroll Shelby's Black hornet. I do not know how to spell his name never a fan of a failure like him. If I need to explain I can in detail. There is an empty spot until next week then a new car is in place. Do not know what car.

Great job and good to hear all went well. Glad to see we got some recognition. It is people like you that keeps the rest of us inspired. Awesome that you got the help!

Noticed you didn't think much of Carroll Shelby or know much about him. He did more for the automotive industry then most guys. He wasn't always some one favorite because he could upset people and plans if he thought better or worse. I don't think any of us are perfect. I use to think I was until the the good LORD got a hold of me and made a lot of changes which made my life so much better than the way I was trying so hard to do. Carroll did a lot for most of us and I'm sorry to hear he wasn't on your best list. Never was around his personal life but did work with him in 65/66 at Horn-Williams Ford in Dallas before he went to Ca. He came to our Texas races and some of our SAAC shows. I have a lot of his stuff and written books, Nice pics and keep that car running. Stay healthy; take care and God Bless [email protected]

Noticed you didn't think much of Carroll Shelby or know much about him. He did more for the automotive industry then most guys. He wasn't always some one favorite because he could upset people and plans if he thought better or worse. I don't think any of us are perfect. I use to think I was until the the good LORD got a hold of me and made a lot of changes which made my life so much better than the way I was trying so hard to do. Carroll did a lot for most of us and I'm sorry to hear he wasn't on your best list. Never was around his personal life but did work with him in 65/66 at Horn-Williams Ford in Dallas before he went to Ca. He came to our Texas races and some of our SAAC shows. I have a lot of his stuff and written books, Nice pics and keep that car running. Stay healthy; take care and God Bless [email protected]
I understand you replied to a 3yr old post and I totally respect your reason why, passion, and experience.
When I read the post from CMM I don’t know why a cheapshot on CS was needed. The guy bragged on his car about starting up because his battery was great but then said he needed help to add two quarts of “trans grease” because he was too bizzy?
And then had those guys change out the rear tires with centerlines or whatever they were for him. That to me speaks volumes.
And then to tow it like the pic shows takes the cake.
If his ‘73 is that “rare” it should perhaps be in an enclosed trailer like a queen should be treated I guess.
In summary, taking a swipe at CS without knowing the man and not realizing he was a pioneer and maybe from thinking you do know him from watching a certain movie, is akin to hating Donald Trump because the MSM said he was bad, his tweets were mean, but you never realized his successes until he was gone, and of course, never met or spoke to him. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Sometimes people will hate other people for their ideology, political views or orientation, because of one negative trait, or one thing that they said or did. Conversely they will idolize someone because they align ideologically, or politically with them, and will completely disregard all the evil that they have done. Perfect example is Che Guevarra, people in Hollywood and on the far left idolize this monster. They will go to public events with T-shirts with his face on them, and will talk about him as some type of freedom fighter. I grew up with Cubans, and the stories of what "El Che" had done to them, or their families and friends were horrendous. El Che, without a doubt, was a mass murderer. He delighted in killing his prisoners, and you would get executed by him, just if he had suspicions of you. No trial, no nothing. That same person that will idolize "El Che" will hate Trump just because of some mean tweets, go figure...

If you think people hate the last president because of a few mean tweets and can't see what good he did past that is because you can't see all the bad he did and there is nothing I can say to change that as it couldn't be more obvious. Was obvious in 2016 before all the tweets. Some people have their bar set really low of what they will accept in a president if he aligns with their politics without seeing the consequences. The good was a needle in a haystack of bad. Carroll Shelby did more good than bad.

Back