Tim aka "Kit" Sullivan in terrible motorcycle accident

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
Known as quite a strong-willed and sometimes outspoken Mustang owner and enthusiast - Kit Sullivan is currently in ICU and enduring multiple surgeries as he tries to hold on to life.

Kit is an original 1971 Mustang owner since he bought his 1971 429 Mustang Mach 1 brand new.

He has provided much-valued information about our cars and helped many in their desire to understand how these cars came out when new.

Unfortunately due to his hard-nosed attitude and occasional unfiltered comments, he was banned from this site.  But he remains very active on other Mustang sites including FACEBOOK.

If nothing else - please pray for his recovery and for his family.  This is going to be a tough journey for them all.

Ray

Ray,

I really hate to hear that Kit has been in such a serious accident.

He was still a member here when I joined in 2014. Strong-willed and outspoken, you bet, Kit is very passionate about these year Mustangs we love. Kit is an original owner of a J code Mustang that actually sat down at his local Ford dealer and ordered his car. He is an absolute wealth of information on how these cars were and were not equipped when they were delivered to the Dealership.

Ray, Please convey to his family that our prayers go to him and his loved ones as the Doctors work for a successful recovery.

Very sad news... I hope he pulls through OK. He was on the site and I guess removed from it before my arrival, but, I feel that it was the site’s loss when he was removed... His knowledge, viewpoints and critical critiques are right my alley and would be a definite benefit to those who want to know about originality concerning these car’s. Standup guy. I am thinking about him...

I am not in contact with his family. So if anyone wants to communicate with the family - go to Facebook and search for Tim Sullivan or Kit Sullivan. You can find the posts about the accident and Kit's current condition there.

I am thinking about him and his family too.

And if you own and ride motorcycles - please exercise extreme caution on every ride!

Ray

Apparently he passed away on or about October 23rd. After his accident - he was placed in hospice. The damage to him was too much. Tough news. From what I understand at least he passed in comfort under hospice care and surrounded by his family.

Ray C

This forum can be tough on owner that been involved with these big ugly 71/3 mustang from there beginning. Things didn't always and most time, go by the book to keep the production line moving. Condolence to Kit's family.

Apparently he passed away on or about October 23rd.  After his accident - he was placed in hospice.  The damage to him was too much.  Tough news.  From what I understand at least he passed in comfort under hospice care and surrounded by his family.

Ray C
Well, that is truly sad new's. The '71-73 family lost one of the most knowledgeable enthusiast's... More importantly, his family lost a son, brother, father... RIP Mr. Sullivan.

Apparently he passed away on or about October 23rd.  After his accident - he was placed in hospice.  The damage to him was too much.  Tough news.  From what I understand at least he passed in comfort under hospice care and surrounded by his family.

Ray C
Well, that is truly sad new's. The '71-73 family lost one of the most knowledgeable enthusiast's... More importantly, his family lost a son, brother, father... RIP Mr. Sullivan.
Sorry to hear this, I agree that we all lost someone special.

Latest posts

Back