Radio info please.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6DUB606

Reaction score
My Car
'73 Mach 1 with checkered history. Working on repairing
what has to be done, replacing what I can to make a nice car and living with the rest. Being on the other side of the world presents challenges but we will get there.
Hi all.  Have done a quick search with heaps of info but struggling to find exactly what I need.

Need to replace the lost radio in my '73 Mach 1.  Have found one with model number D3ZA - 19A241.  Before I jump in, can someone please decipher the last part ?  D3ZA should be '73 Mustang, what's the rest telling me ?  Marti report shows 8 track in this car but stereo will do for the price involved.

Brilliant site - well done all.

PKJ

Go to this thread and download the newest version of the spreadsheet, go to the "Part Numbers" tab of the spreadsheet and you'll be able to see the part number structure and meaning of each number group.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-ford-code-numbers?pid=347340#pid347340
Well done Don C.   :thankyouyellow:

I can see the first bit - D3ZA so am fine so far.  I'm a simple guy and struggling with the 19 A 241 .  Maybe I don't need to bother with this ?   It should fit the '73 radio fascia bezel, so we're all good.  Agree ?

Good work on the spreadsheets.  My eyes are square already.

PKJ

If the car came with AM / 8 track the opening in the bezel will be about a 1/4" too big on the top. The opening for the AM / 8 track is larger than AM or AM/FM. A tidbit of mustang trivia. I can get pic if you want.
Thanks David - the trivia is often what makes the difference.  The bezel opening dimensions are 4 " wide x 2 1/4 " high with knobs @ 5 3/4 " centers.  If you have an 8 track for a reasonable price I will look at it.  I'm in Australia where current political nonsense has dropped the $ exchange to .67 cents, then there  is shipping cost.    I have possibly found a reliable stereo unit in New Zealand with the D3ZA - 19A241 number so exchange plus freight are on my side here.

I'm like you - won't be listening to the radio while I'm driving but don't like the holes is the dash either. 

All options considered.

Thanks for the response.

PKJ

Back