Side view mirrors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Sportsroof Bright Red.

Needing a driver and passenger mirror.  Got in touch with a guy that has various 71 to 73 parts. He said he had two different type of mirrors.  The upper mirrors themselves are the same but the mounts are a little different.  One type mirror has a pointed front at the mount with square back and the other has a more square front and back.  I believe I need the pointed front for a 71 mach 1 but want to make sure.  Also, I thought all the mirror for these 3 years were the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "head" is the same, but Ford used the sport mirror on a bunch of different vehicles over the years, hence the different bases. There are casting numbers inside the base. The base is pointed in the front and flat at the rear, should have a D1Z, D2Z, or D3Z base.

The "head" is the same, but Ford used the sport mirror on a bunch of different vehicles over the years, hence the different bases. There are casting numbers inside the base. The base is pointed in the front and flat at the rear, should have a D1Z, D2Z, or D3Z base.

Thanks - Easy to remember.  I'll be getting them Monday if they are right ones.

Latest posts

Back