Brake Booster Vacuum Source

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach 1
302-2v
C4

Im converting over from Manual Drums to power Disc/Drum and I was wondering where on the carb the original Disc Brake cars got the vacuum?

Does anyone have a picture or diagram?   My car is a 2bbl 302.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Im converting over from Manual Drums to power Disc/Drum and I was wondering where on the carb the original Disc Brake cars got the vacuum?

Does anyone have a picture or diagram?   My car is a 2bbl 302.

Thanks
 Not familiar with 302's, but is there not a "vacuum tree" on the manifold behind the carb similar to the 351C?

Ok, good to know that there is a port at least for the "vacuum tree" on the 302. I thought there would be, just not sure. It's a loooongg time since I had a 302!!

If there is not a tree, where is the vacuum source for the carb coming from? If the port is plugged, then I would think any suitable nipple would work in place of the tree.

Geoff.

the vac source for the carb is internal. if u have a factory intake it might be plugged off... just remove and put any fitting that'll work with the p/b. if none the u may need a spacer for the carb... and thin one

the vac source for the carb is internal. if u have a factory intake it might be plugged off... just remove and put any fitting that'll work with the p/b. if none the u may need a spacer for the carb... and thin one
Ooops, I misspoke. I meant the vacuum source for the air cleaner temp sensor...…… if the a/c is still on there!!

Geoff.

Back