St. Louis area noob

Bought my first 71 ~1982.  Green coupe, 351 2v.  It got totaled in college so i got a 1972 Sprint Coupe, also 351 2v.  Got married, car sat, rust progressed, stripped it and junked it.  I was without a 71-73 for maybe a year.  In~1995 I purchased a 1971 convertible Arizona car.  I purchased the shipping invoice so I know how it was built.  Grabber blue, Ram air A/C deluxe interior but still a 351 2v.  Very solid.  I worked on it like crazy for a yr, stripped it completely, got engine compartment, undercarriage and trunk painted.  Car was pretty much stripped by me.  New suspension was also installed.  Roll forward 24 yrs and I am going to get it finished.  I just replaced the right front apron (battery) and filled a few small pinholes in floorpans (biggest was maybe a quarter sized hole by the time I got it filled).  Rear 1/4's had some but only at bottom rear.  6"x6" sections were cutout and will be replaced in the next week or so.  I will try to post some pics.  I am hoping to gain lots of knowledge and impart what little i may have.

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1988 Bronco II

2014 F150 Supercrew

Hi and welcome from SW Ontario.

I'm sure you'll get answers to your question soon from the more knowledgeable "vert" owners.

Geoff.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from Oregon. Looking forward to the pictures. Yeah, it's amazing how long these things can take, and how often they get pushed to the back burner.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Hello St Louis area noobie and welcome. If you are in need of any parts for your restoration , there is a parts guy in your area that I know. He has collected parts for many years and has several warehouses full of OEM and NOS parts. PM me and I can send you contact information. Good luck on your project as I’m sure it will be top rate.

1Goldcjmach