electronic distributor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuedog10

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
 SB Ford 351C 351M 400M Small Cap HEI Electronic Distributor Ready To Run 1970-79 and a 45000v coil. The distributor has a red and a black wire. Can you tell me how to wire this setup? Dist to the coil, power supply and anything else that I need to know.  I ran 12v constant and the red dist. wire to the pos. side of the coil and the black dist. wire and the ground wire from the solenoid to the neg. side of the coil. When I try to start the motor I have power on both sides of the coil but nothing to the distributor. Thanks

Ground wire from solenoid? Not sure what you mean. Maybe a sketch of what you have.

I'm with Hemikiller, did it come with instructions? If not I wouldn't be comfortable using it, no instructions equals no quality.

Sounds like one of the Chinese knock off dizzys. I would recommend staying away from those. I had one in my car that didnt last a few months and the shaft snapped.

Cardone Select have a copy of the original Motorcraft/ Autolite that comes with points. Looks excellent quality although made in, where else, China. The only thing is the threads are metric, but no biggy. I still chose NOT to use it even though Cardone claim that ALL materials are to original Ford spec. I simply don't trust the drive gear. If that breaks, the entire engine could be shot. I see the same thing happening with these cheapo knock off's 

Spend the money and buy something that is proven and reliable now. Saving a few bucks might easily cost you a total engine rebuild.... if it's salvageable!

Back