My dash center section

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportroof M code
Attached is what I finally found time to finish, after I started on it two months (maybe more) ago. I'm somewhat of a cheapskate, so I added electric analog gauges and a map light to my center section, while also refurbishing it, rather than springing for a gauge center section or paying some outrageous price for a map light. The gauges are from Summit:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-2391

Dash Center Stack Refurbishment.pdf

Attachments

• Dash Center Stack Refurbishment.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 287
Last edited by a moderator:
Don, that's a very interesting idea. Center gauge sections are getting either expensive or hard to find, so your idea makes for a good alternative.

Well done.

Geoff.

Great idea and looks real nice Don.  Nice write up on it also.  Really like the map light.   I think I'll add to mine.  

An other product I've found and have been using to touch up small areas on the dash bezel and center section is Forever Black Bumper and Trim Kit.  Although it more of a dye it blends in well.  Just rub it on.  I use a soft cloth.  Make sure to wear gloves - will stain the hands.  Seems to hold up well if left to dry for a week before rubbing on it.  Easy to clean off the chrome areas also while still wet.  Got from amazon but I think some of the auto stores also carry it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FAYLPZK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I only just looked at this post. Very impressed with the map light and perhaps something to add to mine later.

Nice job and shows what can be done with a standard center dash panel.

Thanks, everyone. Just trying to get some creative juices flowing. I've always enjoyed making cars "mine", and building and making things. I've never been interested in keeping vehicles looking original.

Back