front bumper options?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback, Sportsroof
Going to replace my front bumper because of scratches and some rust.

Are a chrome bumper and a front spoiler combo a no-no? 

Is the urethane (?) bumper just a cover for a chrome bumper, or a completely different unit? 

If it's a different unit, does it attach the same way to the brackets?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean appearance-wise or factory correct. Tell your "friend" it's his or her car and unless they want it to be concourse correct they can do any damn thing they want to with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting question... As someone who like their car’s factory original, I chose to leave the front spoiler on this car when I restored it. Figured it complimented the factory ram air hood blackout option. It also can be removed easily to return the car to factory appearance - original... To each their own...

Going to replace my front bumper because of scratches and some rust.

Are a chrome bumper and a front spoiler combo a no-no? 

Is the urethane (?) bumper just a cover for a chrome bumper, or a completely different unit? 

If it's a different unit, does it attach the same way to the brackets?
The urthane is a completely different bumper and a lot more money than a chrome one. Attaches the same way. If you have to buy one and then have it refinished be ready for that to be about 1000 bucks, or more! They are about 600-800 dollars and then it’s gotta get painted.

A chrome bumper and the spoiler together are just fine.

Back