What engine?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have an 429 in my 73 mach 1. Casting nr. D1ve 6015 AA. Stamped nr. 2Z500861. What car could this engine come from? Someone says its a scj engine but i cant figure out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D1VE-AA – 1971-1978, 429/460 Big-Block Ford, 2-bolt mains. The 6015 is simply a part code for the block. It came out of a 71 Lincoln Continental.

D=1970's

1 = year

V = Lincoln

E=Engine

AA=revisions

Last edited by a moderator:
D1VE-AA – 1971-1978, 429/460 Big-Block Ford, 2-bolt mains. The 6015 is simply a part code for the block. Could be out of any car that came with a 429 in it between 71 and 78.

Thanks. But the stamped nr on the top left on the back on the engine block dont tell us anything?

See my post again. I put in the exact year and vehicle.

D=1970's

1 = year

V = Lincoln

E=Engine

AA=revisions

ok then i have misunderstood. I thought the stamped number 2z500861 ( not the casting nr D1ve 6015 aa )would tell us more. Thank you.

See my post again.  I put in the exact year and vehicle.

D=1970's

1 = year

V = Lincoln

E=Engine

AA=revisions

ok then i have misunderstood.  I thought the stamped number  2z500861 ( not the casting nr D1ve 6015 aa )would tell us more.  Thank you.

2z500861  should be the serial number.  

Nils,

The "2Z500861" does offer a little more info on what and where the engine was production installed. The 2 does indicate the model year 1972. Z indicates the St Louis assembly plant which was building full-size Ford and Mercury cars in this time frame. The 500861 is the serial number of the donor vehicle. Sorry, the SCJ 429 was nothing but a memory in 72. The closest you could come to a performance engine is if this happened to come out of a 72 Police interceptor. If your engine is still intact with original heads and intake it would have "D2OE-AB" cylinder heads and a "D1AE-BA" intake if it happened to be an interceptor engine.

Depending on how badly you want to know, you can order a basic  Marti report which would let you know if the donor car was a standard Thunderjet 429 Galaxie/LTD or a Police vehicle. There were several different engines available for police cars with engine code "P" being the desirable 429 Interceptor.    :)

Nils,

The "2Z500861" does offer a little more info on what and where the engine was production installed. The 2 does indicate the model year 1972. Z indicates the St Louis assembly plant which was building full-size Ford and Mercury cars in this time frame. The 500861 is the serial number of the donor vehicle. Sorry, the SCJ 429 was nothing but a memory in 72. The closest you could come to a performance engine is if this happened to come out of a 72 Police interceptor. If your engine is still intact with original heads and intake it would have "D2OE-AB" cylinder heads and a "D1AE-BA" intake if it happened to be an interceptor engine.

Depending on how badly you want to know, you can order a basic  Marti report which would let you know if the donor car was a standard Thunderjet 429 Galaxie/LTD or a Police vehicle. There were several different engines available for police cars with engine code "P" being the desirable 429 Interceptor.    :)

Thanks, inntake is D0VE 9425 and the heads D2VEAA, not so desirable according to different forums, but works very well in this setup.

Nils,

looks as though you have a 1972 N  code 429 with the DOVY-9424-A 69-70 intake and D2VY-6049-B 72 heads. Like rvrtrash stated the serial number starting with 5 was usually where the Mercury consecutive serial numbers started.  There were police packages available on the Mercury line but were not prevalent as the Ford vehicles were.

I would not let that deter me from building that engine if some big-block nasty is what you want. While not as "Kick A$$" ready as the CJ and SCJ 429 versions are, they can still be made to perform. I know of a couple of my friends that bought  N code 70-71 Torino's when their insurance man laughed them out of his office when they inquired about insurance on CJ and SCJ 429's.  With the right mix of parts from the Ford Muscle Parts catalog and the local speed shop, they were able to build their own version of the CJ  429.

Back