Seven week wait is over...

7173Vert

02-B5-B446-268-C-4-E58-9956-8-A8-B127-CC623.jpg

D63257-A9-A1-EA-45-BA-82-EE-75203498-DEC7.jpg

F83-A02-D6-E25-C-48-A4-9-F0-D-06-BBB3-EDF15-E.jpg

44-CD07-C8-5-E1-D-40-AC-8502-168-FB8-C7-F869.jpg

386-A260-C-5-C7-A-4-DC4-9-CBD-DF882-DAB806-B.jpg

It’s tough when you send 1000’s of $$$ to a car dealer and then wait for week’s and hope you get what you paid for... Especially when you send the cash to another country... ‘73 Hardtop, Q-Code, 4-spd, with A/C, Competition Susp...

The good new’s is that after seven week’s she finally arrived today, North of the Border from Daytona Beach, Fl. I posted a bit on the car when I was first looking at it and some here were a little harsh at the time. After looking the car over, a very good purchase IMO if you like originality. This car is near factory original as you will find. Yes, there are alway’s issue’s to address. Minor... The car still incorporates it’s original Engine, trans, carb, alternator, rad, H-pipe and tail pipes, glass; amongst a host of other original pieces. Factory A/C blows cold, everything works on the car... 

Brake pedal is soft, Master Cylinder is leaking, Clutch requires some adjustment and it idles high rpm. Other then that, this car is pretty cool. 

Not bad considering I purchased it sight unseen, relying on a video, pictures, write up and most importantly, the trust I put in myself to know a quality car from afar :) I would not recommend other’s to roll the dice in this fashion, but it has worked for me a few times.

I will now go through the car completely and bring this new addition up to the standard I look for in my car’s. Mo money... Cheer’s

ssl image

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

Looks really nice. I'm for sure you made a good purchase. The only person you have to please is yourself - and the wife sometimes. Enjoy what you can while you can.

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Gratz! I am looking to expand my collection....it is a bit meager currently, just one.

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1972 Mexican GT-351

1988 Bronco II

Congrats. Great Looking car.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Congratulations Ken. Terrific car. Glad it is as was billed, especially the originality.

It is such an interesting combination low options, but with A/C. Definitely not the way we ordered them up here in Canada in the day.

Keep us posted as you fine tune it.

Bookend 71 b1, scj convertible.

Sharp car. I really like those wheels.

Nice looking car. I do like the ginger interior, nice change from black.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Looks nice! Glad it lived up to your expectations.

Scott

I like your car too. Hope it has been a good car for you. It was reliable for the two year’s I owned it, but I only put about 1K miles during that time...

I hunked a bank full of m00lahh in many $10's of dollars to the USA .... and my car ended up on the Atlantic and took 10 weeks of paperwork and ship to get to my driveway ... I cannot tell you the stress. Especially when the tracker shows that your boat...with your 1971 hunk of Michigan gorgeousness on it, is in the Bermuda Triangle.  :jawdrop:

I nearly left a big brown farmers fertilizer pile in my shorts a couple of times  :chin:

Mustang.jpg

then it showed up on the back of a truck ... the relief was unbelievable.  ::thumb::

sig2.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

10-DFAEED-2-C67-4-BE2-93-CA-169-E317-C2-FA2.jpg

2-F1-CFE60-379-B-4-ADA-8-A36-CDAE8229-FB48.jpg

I’m a sucker for originality... Pulled the air cleaner off for the first time since acquiring the car. You won’t find a more original set up for a driven car. Even the fuel filter is Motorcraft... The coil ink stamp is wearing, but I believe it to be the original.

Motorcraft heater hoses (to the heater core) with mostly original tower clamps still in place. The rad hoses have been changed. The carb identification tag speaks for itself. The ignition wires are Motorcraft, I forget how to read the date code on them (they do start with a "2") , so not sure; they might be original....You can see the engine build tag under the coil. I confirmed the that this is the original #’s matching engine, which has never been apart.

By ‘73, Ford was starting to load these engine’s up with emission control components and this engine is no exception. Being a California delivered car, it came with the “optional” California emission’s option at a cost of $13.87... Just a great original car that I might have slightly overpaid for in some people’s opinion. However, I save $1000’s in not having to track down the missing pieces, the cost to restore (been there done that...).

• Like 1

Looks nice! Glad it lived up to your expectations.

Scott

I like your car too. Hope it has been a good car for you. It was reliable for the two year’s I owned it, but I only put about 1K miles during that time...

The car has been great!  Everything I hoped it would be.

WOW, what a nice and clean find, a time capsule  :bravo:

Congratulations! 

Would like to see more pictures of it as a reference, especially the trunk area. Have seen a small photo of it and it seems to be very original with all it's overspray and speckled paint. Is it all original or well done?

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Wow , what a great looking engine bay! Can you post more photo's from the california emisions system. My car came with this as well... and is missing. Interesting to see that the valve covers have the "powered by Ford" logo. I always thought the 73 only had a "Ford" logo on the covers. Is it an early 73 or maybe a very late production?

Jeroen